Icons for You

Phyrax

Jul 29, 2019
I recently started to need donation icons, so I figured, hey I have open-blocks on Monster, so I made a little use of the green screen block. This is the perfect thing to take screenshots with, so I did, and made these. I'm only releasing these here, feel free to mirror them and post them elsewhere if you wish, just don't take credit that's just mean.
  • Images are 512x512
  • 4 Backgrounds per block
  • 100 Images total

wh9u6tM.jpg

Download Zip with .PSD file and 100 Icons

Note: If this post is in the wrong place please let me know, I had no idea where else to post this.

Reactions: RealSketch

Phyrax

Jul 29, 2019
Really -_-

I take the time to make some icons, a multi-layered psd file, and export each and every layer to a single file for 100 files, and you ask me about perms for textures... I only took screenshots of the blocks in front of a green screen, I didn't make the blocks, nor did I imply that I did. The only implication I made was that I made the icons w/ backgrounds etc...

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
It doesn't matter how much work you put into it. You specifically asked people not to take credit for what you did, yet from your reply above you didn't take the time to give credit to the people who created those textures you used, or even ask their permission (which I'm sure they would have no problem giving).

While the work is appreciated, and it's a nice addition/thought for the community...that doesn't change the fact that you need to get permission/credit for the the textures that you are using that you did not create...especially if you are going to ask people to do the same for you.

Phyrax

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not too sure where you're going here. I was merely wanting to provide the community with a set of pre-made icons for use on their donation systems or even avatars, no copyright infringement was intended whatsoever. While it may have been an oversight on my part to not put something like "All 'textures' are copyright their respective owners". Personally, I didn't think it was needed, especially given the fact that I'm providing this pack here only, and in-turn, this being the FTB community, most, if not all players can relate in some way, shape, or form to these blocks and would understand where they came from.

I understand that your view does not portray the entire FTB community and I understand your concern, but if you would like for me to add such a disclosure to the first post, i would see no problem.

Reactions: Staxed

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
I think you just simply blew what I was originally trying to say out of proportion. I wasn't trying to be rude or anything, just saying that if you are going to ask people to give you credit then you should have given the peoples work that you used credit as well :).

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

Phyrax

Jul 29, 2019
To be clear I wasn't asking people to give credit, I just didn't want people posting this somewhere else and saying 'look what I made'. I've ran into that in the past. In fact I encourage people to mirror this on other forums etc... After taking an hour or so to take screenshots, cut them out, and save each and every image was a pain, but it's something I really wanted to do. Too be honest I thought it would be well received, and I was shocked at your initial post, and therefore, I might have overreacted abit. I just didn't think it was necessary as the images were from mods that most, if not all, the FTB community is familiar with.

It's ok, I understand where you were coming from, sorry it's been a long week so far :S

Reactions: Staxed

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
You should not be arguing about this because every mod that adds ores and uses the stone as a background is infringing on minecraft copyright.
Also let's not forget most of these mods are open source.

He really did nothing wrong if he is asking to give credit to the mod authors for the block and him for making the image and the background.

Phyrax

Jul 29, 2019
You have my explicit permission to use these. For those Licensing nuts, they're licensed under the MIT license, which means you can do anything you want, even re-distribute them, as long as you include the license in the files/package. The License.txt file is included in the zip file. I just request that they not end up in some commercial icon pack. That, I'm sure, would even get the mod authors mad...

Last edited:
Reactions: RealSketch