Open ic2 wind turbine rotor disappear on open gui

• Thread starter got_bored_again
  • Start date
G

got_bored_again

Summary of the problem ic2 wind turbine rotor disappear on open gui

Pack Version 1.8.0 / 2.8.16-ex112

What is the bug? So I've set up a wind turbine not 24h ago to get some early IC2 power. First I used a wood rotor - wich to ic2 wiki lasted for 3h (don't know cause had to go bebfore). I then replaced it with reinforced iron (steel) rotor - wich lasts 3 real-life days (ic2 wiki). It does work and generate kinetic energy wich runs a kinetic generator just fine. However - when opening up the gui it says rotor missing and the spinning blade disappears. When re-logging or also just rotate with wrench it re-appears. Also - even it says rotor missing it still generates powere. Idk if it's just IC2 itself (will test this with clean vanilla) or some pack issue - but somehow strange cause I can't check rotor left usage.

Mod & Version ftb revelation 1.8.0 (mc 1.12.2) - ic2 2.8.16-ex112

Link to log file

Is it repeatable? Well, at least for me, yea - but I will check it with clean vanilla and ic2 only.

Known Fix for now: none

G

got_bored_again

so - i had my test-server run until now - and some strange happend - even I still can open the gui - but it shows in second line: "rotorhealth 100%" - wich just can't be as I'm usin a steel rotor wich only lasts 3 days - and the dmg-bar shows a visible amount of usage around 10-15 %.
I will let it run past 24h mark - why - cause in ic2.ini (why ini? - someone was really smart - instead of using java own porperties -.-') some "balance" value (wich is spelled wrong in explaining comment above as "balace") is set to 84600 sec - or 24h - so I guess it's some to do with that - we'll see ...

G

got_bored_again

So, it took time, but after my test I can confirm it's not a pack related issue but this also happen with only forge and ic2. It was a bit more resistant in terms of it took longer real time before it happend, but in the end it failed the same as in the pack.
I'll try it again with a more recent forge and ic2 and will file a bug report on ic2 mantis if it still exist in current build.

G

got_bored_again

bad news - had run my test-server with latest forge and ic2 - and bug still exists. So, it's not a pack bug - but an ic2 bug - let's file a report on ic2 mantis