IC2 Recipe Problem

Cosmology27

Jul 29, 2019
Running 1.6.4, my NEI doesn't show many of the recipes for IndustrialCraft2 exp. Things like macerator, compressor, electric furnace, and so forth. I have NEI addons and NEI plugins installed.
I've also turned off the hidden recipes for IC2 in its config, still nothing.
Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks!

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
What modpack / mods? Do you have Gregtech installed? (Gregtech replaces many of the default IC2 machines with it's own. They can be re-enabled in the Gregtech config).

Reactions: Cosmology27

Cosmology27

Jul 29, 2019
I do have GregTech installed. I tried turning off the hard mode for the macerator recipe, and it still didn't show up in the NEI.
I've seen other people have this problem (on IC2 forums), but they just said to put NEI addons in, and it fixes it... problem is, NEI addons doesn't addon for IC2.

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not at my minecraft machine, but look in config/gregtech configs dir in those files for "enableic2machines" something something

TheBaconator

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah GregTech disables the recipes for the Electric Furnace and such. The alternatives (which are better but a little less straight-forward) are the Automatic Machines. Automatic E-Furnace, Automatic Macerator, etc. However some mods (like advanced machines) need the normal macerators, so GregTech made there be an option to craft them from his machines just by simply placing it in a crafting grid.

Go into the GregTech config folder, Dynamic Config and do Ctrl + F and search for "gregtechrecipes" and in that little section, find ""allowVanillaIC2MachinesFromAutomaticOnes_false=false" and set it to true.

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
I'm just going to try and clarify, just in case: (not trying to step on your toes TheBaconator :)
Change
"allowVanillaIC2MachinesFromAutomaticOnes_false=false"
to
"allowVanillaIC2MachinesFromAutomaticOnes_false=true"

The _false just indicates the default value of the variable in the config file.