IC2 reactor design tools

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Cpt_gloval

Oct 20, 2013
If you have an Android Phone there is an app on the Google play stop for this also, called IC2 Planner.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
I realize that this reactor planner https://web.archive.org/web/2016041...wp.blueyonder.co.uk/v3/ICReactorPlannerV3.jar
is for an older version of IC2. It doesn't know MOX. It doesn't know Fuel Rods have 2x the lifespan they once did.

It DOES however provide immediate feedback, and it understands - for the most part - IC2s quirky heat distribution mechanism.

This makes it invaluable in quickly prototyping reactor designs as you can swap parts in and out and observe the effects.

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
I've tried both of those apps, thanks for that, the app doesn't model heat generation though and doesn't tell me what the bits actually are or what they do.

But it does help though ;)

I think that one of the big issues I am having with this mod is that so much of the material related to it is so old and outdated, despite the fact that this very
extensive mod is being continually updated.

The Wiki site is handy though, I guess exploring, blowing things up and working it all out is part of the challenge of IC2.

-Wuffle!

Cpt_gloval

Oct 20, 2013
Try the android app. It does show heat gen and resources, both needed materials and crafted components.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
I've tried both of those apps, thanks for that, the app doesn't model heat generation though and doesn't tell me what the bits actually are or what they do.

But it does help though ;)

I think that one of the big issues I am having with this mod is that so much of the material related to it is so old and outdated, despite the fact that this very
extensive mod is being continually updated.

The Wiki site is handy though, I guess exploring, blowing things up and working it all out is part of the challenge of IC2.

-Wuffle!

I did this guide here. https://ftb.gamepedia.com/Building_safe_nuclear_reactors

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame