I Want learn Feed The Beast Infinity but dont know how ?!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

whiteboyAttitudes

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Guys, i wanna start with FTB Infinity but i almost do only the same, i start with Tinkers Construct and mostly go for Thermal Expansion, and have energy from Lava.
I have the Problem to know what i can make or how i can make it most efficent, I dont know what Mods work well combined so my biggest Problem is to create own Setups or to build in my own way, for most mods i must watch tutorials or i must copie it from others..

I dont know how i can explain its a bit overwhelming sometimes i dont know how to do something and i mostly do realy the same stuff in FTB.
When i watch Guys on Youtube Lets Plays they build so nice Stuff and have such good own Ideas or they know what they must do when the want build a XP Farm

When i want Build a XP Farm (just an example) i must googling or Watch a Tutorial on Youtube and i hate it.

I Cant build just from myself cuz i dont know anything but i played FTB long time,
how are all the "Good Players" got their Setups and Ideas ?

I mean when u watch maybe a efficent Wither Skeleton Farm someone must build it first , where did he get the idea?

Can someone help me to understand FTB a bit more and learn it ?
I wont do only the same things and must watch videos to play

Pleas guys can u help me ?

JaRyCu

Sep 29, 2015
South Georgia, USA
Honestly, I got most of my ideas from watching the HermitCraft guys on YouTube. Hypnotizd, Sl1pg8r, and KingDaddyDMAC are who inspired me first, then I got into Direwolf20. Now I started my own server and I'm watching what everyone else does. Don't have the YouTube - it's awesome and a great learning tool. :)

whiteboyAttitudes

Jul 29, 2019
Yes i know but i thinks it shit when guys only build what others are do, :D

But u know what i mean with my thread ? I Hope someone can realy give me help :D

JaRyCu

Sep 29, 2015
South Georgia, USA
I know what you mean...before I figured out modding, I was stuck trying to build cool buildings in Vanilla MC.

What I do now, besides watching YT, is to look at the mods, see which ones sounds cool, then look at the FTB "Getting Started With..." guide for it. I started Blood Magic the other night and it's amazing. Botania isn't half bad, either. If you don't want to watch others, maybe try that approach and just build stuff to see what it can do.

whiteboyAttitudes

Jul 29, 2019
Yes i read the Getting startet to but when i want build complex machinerys and industrial stuff its to complex to undertsand with getting startet or NEI doesnt help much there...

DorinnB

Jul 29, 2019
Try cross mod.
You saw on YT or google how to make a MFR xp farm, you also saw RoC mob farm, vanilla farm.
Then you take the best of every farm according to the mod availlable.

And you think about an xp farm for (example) a void_world_like : vanilla dark chamber with a pit to spawn them (cheap ressources to spawn some mob)
Mob fall down but don't die, then you use your MFR mob grinderto kill them. (kill easily, give mob essence)
Move the loot with the Enderio or SFM cable to sort them easily to barrel (simple storage system)
Then Applied Energistic to fuzzy them to Tinker construct smeltry for armor ...

Don't do the same farm all the time. use different mod to do it. And one day, on a specific modpack without the classic mod, you will find how to take the best of every mod.
I try a different starting game on every modpack I play. My first modpack was ethanol/boiler generated energy, 2nd was lava energy, 3th was foccused on bee, 4th was Rotarycraft centered. Even if Tinker/MFR/TE was availlable.

Now I can use many tools from many mod for my own setup. I choose the best tools/machine/mod for every task.

Last edited:

InThayne

Oct 14, 2013
I think mostly it comes down to experimentation (which is the fun part of the build anyways). Don't be fooled into thinking that most Tubers just jump on and create a workable build without attempting many iterations of a theme they know already works. It might even be a good idea to try out various possibilities in creative before proceeding too far down a potential dead end.

It is likely that most successful builds start out a lot like this: http://i.imgur.com/Mgi394r.gif

Reactions: Tommerbob

Tommerbob

Jul 29, 2019
Learning all of the various mods takes a lot of practice. For example, Direwolf20 has been playing modded minecraft every single day, for years. That's a long time to learn the ins and outs of the mods he uses.

Focus on one or two mods at a time until you feel comfortable or bored with them, then move on to new mods. Trying out all of the various mods in Infinity at once will keep you feeling overwhelmed.

whiteboyAttitudes

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you guys i think you are right but its hard to learn all the mods, Thats why i say its overwhelming ..so many diffeent choices and ways to go and i have no know how or good ideas.
I hope i learn it.

In my current world happened a big mistake to me, i had 2 Oil Geysers near to me, i i want to start power my quarry with fuel so i build rafinerys and bc Pumps and some tanks, but its not worth it i must give the rafinerys energy to get fuel for energy i think its not worth i do only mistakes :D

Texaporta

Jul 29, 2019
3 ideas,

1: Play an HQM theme-based pack which will guide you through the mod learning process

2:Stop watching youtube for a while and develop your own expectations and creativity.

3: Don't be so hard on yourself, most of us just blunder along until we find a build solution we like, same with youtubers. Give it time.

Last edited:

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Thank you guys i think you are right but its hard to learn all the mods, Thats why i say its overwhelming ..so many diffeent choices and ways to go and i have no know how or good ideas.
I hope i learn it.

In my current world happened a big mistake to me, i had 2 Oil Geysers near to me, i i want to start power my quarry with fuel so i build rafinerys and bc Pumps and some tanks, but its not worth it i must give the rafinerys energy to get fuel for energy i think its not worth i do only mistakes :D

Simple, build an Extra Utilities Generator - I'd recommend either a Furnace or a Culinary type - to get the Refinery started on refining some fuel and make sure it's properly hooked up to some Compression Dynamos - they will also require a water source, use either a Thermal Expansion Aqueous Accumulator or a Transfer Node (Liquids) with a World Interaction Upgrade, from Extra utilities - from Thermal Expansion, they use tin in their construction, and power both the Quarry and the BC Pumps with a tesseract, if you can find some ender pearls and have done sufficient mining to get the other parts and machines needed for a tessseract, or build either a leadstone or hardened energy cell, fill it up with the energy produced from your refinery, and take that to your BC Quarry to get it started on digging up tons of raw materials.

The Refinery will take a little time to make sufficient fuel to power the Compression Dynamos, but once they get going you will probably want to set up a couple of Hardened Energy Cells for your Quarry and charge 'em all up, and soon you will be rolling in more raw materials than you know what to do with! :D

Hope that helps! :D

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Last edited:

lolwutgamer

Jul 29, 2019
In order for you to make your own ideas and styles, first you must know what does each block exactly do.

This is important especially in mod called MFR (MineFactory Reloaded) as there are many machines inside it with their unique purposes.

Make sure to always check FTB wiki in case you don't know something. No one is born with knowing everything, everybody must learn.

whiteboyAttitudes

Jul 29, 2019
Thx this realy helps me ! But i think for me its a way easyser when i know what mod is "addon" for a Mod i mean IC2 is a Big Mod and have some Addons.
How i can know which Minimods is from which Mod ? So i can maybe learn the Mods easyser when i know what is the Main Stuff.

Maybe i focus on a couple of mods and try to learn only them