i think there should be a snapshot and 1.5.1 on the launcher

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

buzyb77

Jul 29, 2019
Ok. Here is my thoughts.

As mojang gears up to 1.6 and irons out the bugs to 1.5.2 I think there needs to be current vanilla minecraft (so players can tweek or check out the mods that are current easy. Also as the snapsots come out (replaced only when version update catches up or there is really enough content) it will allow players to check it out and see what happens to their favorite mods.

What do you guys think?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I support the suggestion.

I've been wanting to mess around with some of the new 1.5 stuff and some of the mods that have updated (i.e. Steve's Carts), but haven't gotten around to it yet- mostly due to not looking forward to racking my brains over ID conflicts.

buzyb77

Jul 29, 2019
I do not nor does anyone else like downloading 3 or 4 or 5 different launchers cheechako. It like going into a store to buy 15 items yet one highly common item is not in the store so your choice it drive to 3 other stores to try and get it or just forget about it ... most just forget it.

As far as another launcher I could boot up curse, multimc, solitarycraft, magic launcher or for vanilla I could just play plain old minecraft from mojang and break a few jars.

But if you had 30 min to play you want download.and not play what you wanted to look at or would you just want yo choose an go.

And yeah sometime 30 min is all I got before work. And sometimes after work before sleep. And tweeking with mods and configs never makes me sleepy

Larroke

Jul 29, 2019
Couldn't you technically just load up pony land, and configure the launcher to remove all the mods? POof.. vanilla?

cheechako

Jul 29, 2019
I do not nor does anyone else like downloading 3 or 4 or 5 different launchers cheechako.
As far as another launcher I could boot up curse, multimc, solitarycraft, magic launcher or for vanilla I could just play plain old minecraft from mojang and break a few jars.

As I said elsewhere, I started playing with MC and sending stuff through golden pipes before there was Forge. The only way to play modded MC was to download ML, and begin the process of adding mods, editing configs, checking the error logs, and repeating - for every new beta upgrade!

I left MC only to return recently and discover FTB - specifically Direwolf20's videos and pack - and the MultiMC launcher. That's a grand total of two launchers.

I am so damn spoiled now. FTB - bam! 60+ mods without a hassle. Thanks FTB guys!

MultiMC import from FTB - bam! Easy tweaking and multiple variations. Thanks MultiMC guy!

Reactions: Cieronph

buzyb77

Jul 29, 2019
And again you miss the point. What if players don't want 2 launchers to do same function.

Its like having 2 sets of doorknobs on a door...

cheechako

Jul 29, 2019
And again you miss the point. What if players don't want 2 launchers to do same function.
Its like having 2 sets of doorknobs on a door...

No, it is not.

I cannot figure out how to have two slightly different DW20 packs in the FTB launcher, and this player wants that functionality. I'm not going to request it in the FTB launcher though, since there is already an excellent tool for this.

Reactions: Cieronph

buzyb77

Jul 29, 2019
And cheechako rages. Ever more.....you should request functions that are not in launcher to help them improve the launcher version.

cheechako

Jul 29, 2019
And cheechako rages. Ever more.....you should request functions that are not in launcher to help them improve the launcher version.

I see posts from people that want GT easy, people that want GT hard, and people that want no GT but still want everything else in Ultimate.

Well, there are some great people that gave us all these mods for free. That took a lot of effort and talent. There's people that put effort into packaging all of these mods and the painful task of tweaking the configs. There are people that wrote this launcher and that. All that effort for little reward.

So, as someone still a bit new to FTB - I played and left MC before Forge when I had to set my MC up by hand - I quickly figured out just how easy it is to install and tweak dozens of mods.
  1. Install FTB and then the Ultimate Pack. If you use OptiFine, you can add it now or later, but now would be better since you will copy this instance.
  2. Install MultiMC just by putting it into some folder by itself. I have a separate folder for my 1.5x tests, but that is my choice.
  3. Import the Ultimate Pack from the FTB launcher. If you want to configure OptiFine, add textures, and all that, you should do this now if you haven't already.
  4. In MultiMC, copy this instance twice.
  5. To one copy, download and add the configuration files that Velotican was kind enough to put effort into from this thread.
  6. To the second copy, remove GT.
Sure, that took a bit of time and effort on the part of the user. But it really, really was easy (mostly thanks to the efforts of others) to have GT Easy, GT Hard, and No GT Ultimate side by side.

/rageon
I'll stick with MultiMC and recommend it. But I suggest the next launcher duplicate all of the functionality of this handy tool for all the users that want to put in zero effort of their own and expect an all-in-one solution to their personal desires.
/rageoff

p.s. As soon as you tweak this 1.5.1 instance in the FTB launcher, you can not easily try something else without changing the one and only instance. And, I cannot understand why you want an "experimental" snapshot without the ability to tweak it in multiple ways.

Gr3n

Jul 29, 2019
I do not nor does anyone else like downloading 3 or 4 or 5 different launchers cheechako. It like going into a store to buy 15 items yet one highly common item is not in the store so your choice it drive to 3 other stores to try and get it or just forget about it ... most just forget it.

But if you had 30 min to play you want download.and not play what you wanted to look at or would you just want yo choose an go.

And yeah sometime 30 min is all I got before work. And sometimes after work before sleep. And tweeking with mods and configs never makes me sleepy
You say that NO ONE wants more than one launcher, yet 5 people have liked his comment about it. I do not understand...

Reactions: Vtecem

Cieronph

Jul 29, 2019
Seriously, vanilla minecraft on a launcher, are you that lazy to open vanilla client, or download the snapshot, people seem to think that FTB can upload as many packs as they want and be fine. At the moment the pack guys have enough things to be doing and probably dont want the hassle of uploading a bloody snapshot every thursday. Dont be lazy and either install multi mc or download the snapshot, it takes 5mins max, which compared to the extra work people like CCW, watchful etc would have to do is nothing. I'm sorry but this is just pure laziness.

buzyb77

Jul 29, 2019
Why should I have to tweek mods download this and that then go here and there and act like putting together a bunch of mods to just test is a job (seen people with download say it took 8 + hours. (Yeah I know those are extreme cases)

But considering all the Tv equipment, recording programs, vtr, satellite receivers, playlist spreadsheets, as well as many other tedious time tweekin junk I deal with every day I work. I don't want my time spent in nausium tweeking mods cause I'd like to try mod x or y out for 15 min not 30min to find correct version etc...

On snapshots. It would be a way slow or any other streamer could try out the new snapshots (and yeah I don't mean every snapshots only the bigger ones) and why vanilla on launcher..... getting a bit tired of hearing oh they added that in vanilla I did not know..

Also if vanilla in on ftb launcher it could also be a gateway for vanilla players to jump up to modded play.

cheechako

Jul 29, 2019
Why should I have to tweek mods download this and that then go here and there and act like putting together a bunch of mods to just test is a job

Huh? In your first post, you said:

I think there needs to be current vanilla minecraft (so players can tweek or check out the mods that are current easy.
You asked for a 1.5.1 snapshot in the launcher so that it could be tweaked. Now you say that you don't want to tweak mods. You are confusing.

Also if vanilla in on ftb launcher it could also be a gateway for vanilla players to jump up to modded play.

I might be assuming too much but I think that vanilla players who want to jump up to modded play want to play with mods, and not just vanilla with a new launcher.

Juice57

Jul 29, 2019
Why should I have to tweek mods download this and that then go here and there and act like putting together a bunch of mods to just test is a job (seen people with download say it took 8 + hours. (Yeah I know those are extreme cases)

Why 2 launchers? why do you need a computer when you have a smart phone.... same idea.

You want to test out the new mods, you want to try the new content, and you are asking for someone to do all the hard work. If you expect FTB guys to put out 1/2 assed packs so YOU can test out the mods then no that is not how this relationship works just sit there twiddle your thumbs till everything is ready and get a nice clean proper pack.

BTW. It does not take 8 hours to tweak the mods you copy and paste the configs from any older versions and they work 99% of the time just fine.

This is one of the laziest communities Ive ever seen in my years of gaming I swear Tekkit people are better than this and we know how they roll.

buzyb77

Jul 29, 2019
Btw don't have a smart phone. I refuse to pay the extra charges for Internet that is slower than a 56k modem and works 50% of the time for me. 50$ a month is more than enough they don't need 80$

Also 8h includes searching forums for mods and fixing mismatches. Like I said exrteeme. And I don't see how me working a real job 50+ hours a week and a 3 h drive time every day I go to work makes me lazy 65 to 70h including drive time and soon my garden with 40+ tomato plants 3 rows of beans (about 3 lbs in planting) my 2 fig trees, okra plants, pepper plants and deweeding that on top of watering my new blueberries and scupponogs in anyway makes me lazy cause I also have to cut my 7 acres of hill.

So lazy? Bah when was the last time you built a 2 foot tall retaining wall out of found stone? This year I need yo work on a green house and a 4foot wall.

So as I said... vanilla should be on launcher as well.

Cieronph

Jul 29, 2019
Btw don't have a smart phone. I refuse to pay the extra charges for Internet that is slower than a 56k modem and works 50% of the time for me. 50$ a month is more than enough they don't need 80$

Also 8h includes searching forums for mods and fixing mismatches. Like I said exrteeme. And I don't see how me working a real job 50+ hours a week and a 3 h drive time every day I go to work makes me lazy 65 to 70h including drive time and soon my garden with 40+ tomato plants 3 rows of beans (about 3 lbs in planting) my 2 fig trees, okra plants, pepper plants and deweeding that on top of watering my new blueberries and scupponogs in anyway makes me lazy cause I also have to cut my 7 acres of hill.

So lazy? Bah when was the last time you built a 2 foot tall retaining wall out of found stone? This year I need yo work on a green house and a 4foot wall.

So as I said... vanilla should be on launcher as well.

If you are making a large 100 mod pack then yes it may take hours to look through forums, however a LOT of mods are already on teh FTB launcher and you can just steal the jars from them packs if your really want, I really dont understand what the problem is now.