Problem I think I got hacked...

Blimeo

Jul 29, 2019
So yesterday night, I turned off the monitor of my Ubuntu Server computer, happy as can be.
Tonight, I turn on the computer and find that no players are on. This is odd, because usually 10 players are on at this time.
So I go over to my desktop and turn it on, run FTB and attempt to connect to it. No luck, the connection times out.
I try connecting locally because they are on the same network. Not working. At this point, I'm just thinking, what the hell?
I download a completely clean FTB ultimate server, run it, and attempt to connect to it locally. Not even this works.
I try connecting locally to my Apache web server hosted on the same machine to see if any players have specific kicked messages so I can resolve the issues, but even the web server doesn't work.
Obviously, at this point, I realize this has nothing to do with the respective servers themselves.
I restart both servers.
I open a terminal and type "netstat -a | grep LISTENING". Only the mySQL socket and the system processes appear to be running, despite the fact that both my servers are on.
Did I get hacked?

glasspelican

Jul 29, 2019
I could have been caused by your router resetting overnight, and when the connection came back up the servers didnt rebind to there ports.
I have seen resets caused by
power fluctuations
software glitch
automatic firmware upgrade (model dependent, usually if the router was supplied by your isp)

Spoo

Jul 29, 2019
Can you connect from a client run on the server machine (using localhost as the address)?