I sorta need help Infinity/Big reactors and railcraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Crazya994

Jul 29, 2019
hey guys... I been having a bit trouble with figuring out how to transfer Steam from Railcraft steam boiler to Big reactors Turbine.. I'm so clueless.. I have tried everything.. I must be doing something wrong because the steam wont transfer with any wire I use.

It's really frustrating, it's full of steam lol I just want to move it. can someone kindly assist me?

Thank you, I hope this isn't the wrong place to post.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Best way? Have the side of the turbine built with 3 by 3 fluid input blocks. Then build your steam boiler sticking to it.

You could also use BuildCraft's Waterproofed Pipes, Ender IO's Fluid conduits or Thermal Dynamics' Fluiducts.

Just keep in mind when you are hooking the ducts/pipes/conduits that a 36 High Pressure Steam Boiler can only sustain a constant 720 mb/t of steam output.

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
Tesseracts are the only thing that can transfer the volume of steam you need if you are maxing out the turbine. None of the other fluid pipes have the throughput. Also, it takes 3 max size Railcraft boilers to run a max size turbine. They can take up to 2000 mb/t

Crazya994

Jul 29, 2019
Best way? Have the side of the turbine built with 3 by 3 fluid input blocks. Then build your steam boiler sticking to it.

You could also use BuildCraft's Waterproofed Pipes, Ender IO's Fluid conduits or Thermal Dynamics' Fluiducts.

Just keep in mind when you are hooking the ducts/pipes/conduits that a 36 High Pressure Steam Boiler can only sustain a constant 720 mb/t of steam output.

Thank you i will try these!

Crazya994

Jul 29, 2019
Tesseracts are the only thing that can transfer the volume of steam you need if you are maxing out the turbine. None of the other fluid pipes have the throughput. Also, it takes 3 max size Railcraft boilers to run a max size turbine. They can take up to 2000 mb/t

see I have a tesseract, its amazing BUT i have no clue on how to connect the boilers to tessecract and the other tessecract to the turbine because i have tried every other way and it just wont transfer.. lol

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
see I have a tesseract, its amazing BUT i have no clue on how to connect the boilers to tessecract and the other tessecract to the turbine because i have tried every other way and it just wont transfer.. lol
A tesseract set to send fluids just has to be touching the boiler, not the fireboxes. The tesseract on the turbine just needs to be set to receive and placed directly on the fluid port. Can't remember if the fluid port needs to be red or blue, but you just click them with a wrench to change which one they are. If I remember right, blue is for water and red is for steam, but I may have them backwards.

Siigari

Aug 27, 2013
Portland, Oregon
I don't understand why we devolved when it comes to fluids in TE/TD. I have never seen such slow fluid transfer in Minecraft. Pretty sure fluid transfer pipes and mekanism mechanical pipes both do a much better job of moving fluid around.

Extraction rate on pipes? 100%? 200? It's arbitrary.

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
I don't understand why we devolved when it comes to fluids in TE/TD. I have never seen such slow fluid transfer in Minecraft. Pretty sure fluid transfer pipes and mekanism mechanical pipes both do a much better job of moving fluid around.

Extraction rate on pipes? 100%? 200? It's arbitrary.
I agree. A number in mb/t would sure be nice since that is the standard. Considering how much they bumped up the RF/t capacity of the ducts in Thermal Dynamics over the old TE versions, I figure they probably did the same with the fluid ducts, but without testing, there's no way to know. Personally, I am not sure how to test them. Testing RF is easy because there are so many ways to measure/monitor it, but fluids are a whole different story.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Best I can suggest is to grab that WAILA addon that gives you fluid capacity information and do some testing with strict amounts.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
Best I can suggest is to grab that WAILA addon that gives you fluid capacity information and do some testing with strict amounts.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2
That's too much like work. LOL I will just keep trying better ones until what I want to do works.

Crazya994

Jul 29, 2019
lol. imma stick to my reactor for now. and see if I can optimize that.. I don't see lazer drill and such worth it atm.. the only resources I really need to get soon is yellorite.. which I do havea round 700 but I know it will run out. Do you guys think my reactor is okay atm? it's 5x5, 1307c, 4.11kirf/t and 0.673mb/t lol. is that enough power for anything? I mean so far it's working great running automatic farms and other machinery.

Thanks for all the replies

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
lol. imma stick to my reactor for now. and see if I can optimize that.. I don't see lazer drill and such worth it atm.. the only resources I really need to get soon is yellorite.. which I do havea round 700 but I know it will run out. Do you guys think my reactor is okay atm? it's 5x5, 1307c, 4.11kirf/t and 0.673mb/t lol. is that enough power for anything? I mean so far it's working great running automatic farms and other machinery.

Thanks for all the replies
Without knowing which pack you are playing, it's hard to say because different packs have different power and fuel use multipliers. You might want to check out the thread on these forums about Big Reactor setups because that seems like you have a pretty inefficient reactor. The fuel use is pretty high for only 4k RF/t. I was getting a little over 7k RF/t in the Direwolf20 pack with about 1/3-1/2 that fuel usage.

Crazya994

Jul 29, 2019
Without knowing which pack you are playing, it's hard to say because different packs have different power and fuel use multipliers. You might want to check out the thread on these forums about Big Reactor setups because that seems like you have a pretty inefficient reactor. The fuel use is pretty high for only 4k RF/t. I was getting a little over 7k RF/t in the Direwolf20 pack with about 1/3-1/2 that fuel usage.
damn.. and I'm on infinity pack

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
damn.. and I'm on infinity pack
I found this if you want to play around with different sizes and materials in your reactor to see how it should work. This is a Big Reactor simulator. I believe it works on the default configs. I haven't checked, but I think the only tweaking they have done to Inifinty is mostly for recipes so the configs for Big Reactors is probably the default. Either way, this program is great to help understand what works and what doesn't. here's the link. http://br.sidoh.org/

Crazya994

Jul 29, 2019
I found this if you want to play around with different sizes and materials in your reactor to see how it should work. This is a Big Reactor simulator. I believe it works on the default configs. I haven't checked, but I think the only tweaking they have done to Inifinty is mostly for recipes so the configs for Big Reactors is probably the default. Either way, this program is great to help understand what works and what doesn't. here's the link. http://br.sidoh.org/

Thanks for all the help. I'll check this out!