I really wish...

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Wizaerd

Jul 29, 2019
I really wish there was a way to consolidate all the ores so that there is really only 1 of each type. Currently when you smelt in a Powered Furnace, you get 1 type of copper ingot, whereas if you smelt in this other furnace you get this other copper ingot, with different IDs. A copper ingot I found in a chest in a dungeon had a completely different ID than the other two. Same with charcoal. If you find charcoal in the world it's ID 263, but if you create charcoal by smelting and crafting sawdust together you get ID 263:2. The charcoal is the same, except the sorter sees them as two different items, so you must list both in the sorter UI, which eats up an extra space I could've used for something else. This happens more frequently than I would have thought with a lot of the ores.

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
GregTech Autocrafting table in the Forge Unification mode (looks like a DNA strand). Anything you toss in gets converted to the IC equivalent.

Wizaerd

Jul 29, 2019
GregTech Autocrafting table in the Forge Unification mode (looks like a DNA strand). Anything you toss in gets converted to the IC equivalent.

I'm using the Direwolf pack, so no GregTech, which I'm happy about. I didn't like the harder recipes GT adds. Any other way?

ItharianEngineering

Jul 29, 2019
There is the forge lexicon which is part of the omni tools mod, both packs have it. It has pretty much the same function but it will let you choice which type you want to turn it into so if you wanted the IC2 ingots to be the TE ingots you can easily change them or the other way around.

masonm12

Jul 29, 2019
Can't speak to charcoal, which definitely sounds weird, but when I find bars in the world I just throw them in my pulverizer hopper for convenience.

Wizaerd

Jul 29, 2019
use the forge lexicon

I had to do a search to see what that is, and it does look extremely handy (thanks!) although still a manual process. Hence my wish, updated a bit to include some automatic way of consolidating all the duplicate ores under one ID.[DOUBLEPOST=1357572362][/DOUBLEPOST]
Can't speak to charcoal, which definitely sounds weird, but when I find bars in the world I just throw them in my pulverizer hopper for convenience.

Using an automatic sorting system, sending 4 different copper ingots to a pulverizor eats up 4 sorting slots for 1 ore type. Not very convienent at all.

ItharianEngineering

Jul 29, 2019
Gregtech's autocrafting table, as mentioned before, will also automate it, and that is the only way I know of to do it at the moment at least from the mods in the packs, but since you don't have it in yours I don't know of a way to do it automatically. Aside from only using 1 mod's machines for your ore processing so you don't have the problem in the first place.

masonm12

Jul 29, 2019
I had to do a search to see what that is, and it does look extremely handy (thanks!) although still a manual process. Hence my wish, updated a bit to include some automatic way of consolidating all the duplicate ores under one ID.[DOUBLEPOST=1357572362][/DOUBLEPOST]

Using an automatic sorting system, sending 4 different copper ingots to a pulverizor eats up 4 sorting slots for 1 ore type. Not very convienent at all.

Well, I meant for my own stacking convenience, not that it was necessarily convenient in and of itself. I imagine this is the type of thing that will likely be ironed out in the long run. Seems to me, as someone with like no knowledge of the modding APIs, that if they can use the dictionary for input, they'll one day be able to use the dictionary for output.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Not that hard to add inline sorting machines who's sole job is to filter out the non-standard stuff, send them to a seperate area to to pulverized/macerated/whatever and then turned back into the standard item your main sorting/storage system is using.

Likewise, if there is 2 different charcoals, the bit you get from the sawmill just throw straight into an engine/generator and generate a bit of power to suppliment your main power generation.

There's no need to store.sort every variation you could find, just get the stuff standardised beforehand. Just means building a few more machines, which is good!