I keep crashing and cant get into any modpack

the_hunter2012

Jul 29, 2019
I have a windows 64 bit operating system.( windows 7) I have the latest java.I have been trying for a long time here is one of the crash reports. The attached file is my latest crash report I really want to do mods and record them for YouTube please help me

-the_hunter2012

Attachments

• crash-2014-01-02_16.17.26-client.txt
    17.8 KB · Views: 43

burneh

Jul 29, 2019
Can you check your FTB folder and see if the Chickenchunks config is there?

burneh

Jul 29, 2019
C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\ftblauncher\ModPacks\the modpack (im guessing dire?)\minecraft\config

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
(The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open)
This is an old and common error. Your antivirus program is being over zealous in its protection. Add the folder 'C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\FTB\' to the exceptions list of your antivirus program. Be sure to check any boxes that say 'include sub-folders'

I'm having the same problem on Windows 8.1. I tried running it without the ChickenChunks mod, and I still got the same crash

http://pastebin.com/Xw7KuxVh
Not sure about this one, but disabling ChickenChunks is not required to fix the previous error. Look above to fix the original problem. They are not the same error.

bwarren97

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure about this one, but disabling ChickenChunks is not required to fix the previous error. Look above to fix the original problem. They are not the same error.

What I meant by "same error" is that it's the same one I got with ChickenChunks. I saw that it was throwing an error about loading the mod, so I disabled it to see if it was the cause. It works fine on my Ubuntu laptop, but I'd rather play it on Windows because of issues with stuck keys (OS-related issue)

EDIT: Correction, MOST mods work fine on my other laptop. The Ultimate pack crashes, and that's the only one as far as I know

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
Please add ChickenChunks back in and follow my suggestion above and quoted below.
This is an old and common error. Your antivirus program is being over zealous in its protection. Add the folder 'C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\FTB\' to the exceptions list of your antivirus program. Be sure to check any boxes that say 'include sub-folders'

Arjan Weurding

Jul 29, 2019
I recommend reinstalling Java(both 32-bit and 64-bit) and redownloading the modpack. In one of both the error happens.
Seems like corrupt files, but I can't determine in which one it is.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
I recommend not installing more versions of Java than you need.
If you don't need 32 bit Java, don't install it.