I have noticed most mods for MC 1.12.2 are beta.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

deadscion

Mar 18, 2016
I have decided, because most mods for MC 1.12.2 are either beta, or still have bugs to work out, I am going to wait before giving it any more attention. So, with that said, I will be staying with MC 1.10.2 mods and mod packs for a few more months, until things settle down a bit more.

Cpt_gloval

Oct 20, 2013
You know, other than an issue right now with Immersive Engineering's In-game book randomly crashing me to the desk top I've not had any real issues with mods in 1.12, beta or no. I think at this point most of the modders have gotten pretty good at not even betaing until they have almost all the issues worked out.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
You know, other than an issue right now with Immersive Engineering's In-game book randomly crashing me to the desk top I've not had any real issues with mods in 1.12, beta or no. I think at this point most of the modders have gotten pretty good at not even betaing until they have almost all the issues worked out.
I've been given to understand that updating your Java can solve the IE book's random crashing issue. Since I run on Linux, I have a PPA set up for Java which automatically informs me and gives me the option to update as soon as a release is pushed, and I haven't experienced this issue at all.

Cpt_gloval

Oct 20, 2013
Most likely yes, but for some reason Minecraft won't run with the current version of Java. I had to back rev 2 versions to get MC to launch.
I'll try upgrading Java again once the >next version comes out. see if MC will launch and that may fix my issue. At this time though I have everything I need from Immersive except the ARC furnace so I'll probably not need the book by the time Java updates again.

M

MikW

Most likely yes, but for some reason Minecraft won't run with the current version of Java. I had to back rev 2 versions to get MC to launch.
I'll try upgrading Java again once the >next version comes out. see if MC will launch and that may fix my issue. At this time though I have everything I need from Immersive except the ARC furnace so I'll probably not need the book by the time Java updates again.

What Java version are you using? The random crash alert stopped after I updated to the most recent version of Java.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
I've been given to understand that updating your Java can solve the IE book's random crashing issue. Since I run on Linux, I have a PPA set up for Java which automatically informs me and gives me the option to update as soon as a release is pushed, and I haven't experienced this issue at all.
What Java version are you using? The random crash alert stopped after I updated to the most recent version of Java.
Anyone else getting this de ja vu feeling in here?