i have a server up and running but

justin

Jul 29, 2019
when i try to use nei to get something from on the server it tells me that no such item with that id
it does not crash or anything i would like to know what to do it works fine in my single player game just not
in the server and i am the op for the server and i run the server from my pc
please help i dont know what to do about it

Boozamooz

Jul 29, 2019
As i am terrible with technology, i have no idea how to start my server with more ram, or even start my server correctly. It seems that there are no video tutorials or even typed ones that i could find, and i really need help. It is a small server just for me and my friend, i have o idea why there is lag, but i can barely move when i play on it. the only way i can think to start the server is opening the jar, but that doesn't decide how much ram i give. please help

justin

Jul 29, 2019
boozamooz i have the same problem too[DOUBLEPOST=1353904375][/DOUBLEPOST]oratory how would that solve the problem and it happens to everything but vanilla stuff

QueWhat

Jul 29, 2019
What steps did you both take to setup the server on your Pc? Are you familiar with setting up unmodded vanilla minecraft 1.4 servers? Are you running these servers from windows, os x, or Linux?

Oratory

Jul 29, 2019
It will fix it, because if your client config have different IDs than the server, it might ask for the wrong item, you could copy your client configs to the server aswell, as you know that your client configs work in singel player.

Bråthen

Jul 29, 2019
Again is it all mod items or is it from a particular mod? And vanilla items work you say...

Is the server recently downloaded and installed or have you done some mod upgrade or similar?

Edit: Why I ask is that Gregtech has made some item-ID adjustments recently affecting NEI and the recepies and maybe there is more issues.

justin

Jul 29, 2019
all of the mod ones do it its been since like Wednesday till friday that i downloaded it and installed it and when did gregtech do that[DOUBLEPOST=1353931015][/DOUBLEPOST]vanilla ones work plus i have the file on my desktop
so is that where i put config file from the single player at

Bråthen

Jul 29, 2019
Some recipes were wrong in NEI due too Gregtech and gregtech.cfg mismatch in servers and clients files. Friend om mine told me to replace gregtech.cfg on server with the client version and the issue where fixed. Positive is no client distribution of files but the recipes where slightly more complicated to craft. This however does not seem to be your issue.

You have to copy your local NEI config files from FTBBETAA\minecraft\config\ folder to your server folders config directory \serverdir\config\ and it should work as it did in singelplayer.

Bråthen

Jul 29, 2019
If you compare the NEI files in /server_folder/mods with clients /FTBBETAA/minecraft/mods are they the same version number? Also look at coremods folder that NotEnoughItems jar file is the same version number. If there is a mismatch copy the newer version over. Hope it will help.

Edit: You also need to restart the server for it to take effect. So if you didnt do that before do it first and see if the cfg move did work.

Bråthen

Jul 29, 2019
You can always compare the version number on all the modpacks on your client and server. Or you just download the server files again and reinstall your client and make everything from scratch. That way it must work.

justin

Jul 29, 2019
re downloaded the files plus the client to make sure but it is not working still the whole reason for it was for me and a friend to get to know the mods so we would know how everything works and my client was updated

Bråthen

Jul 29, 2019
That's odd. And the mod versions are the same on the server comparable to the client even with a new install?

Greedseed

Jul 29, 2019
Download all fresh files. For the server side.
Start the server and print out all the logs in pastebin and put them up here in this post.

The server.log and the froge log !

justin

Jul 29, 2019
it would be nice to be able to play on my server with my friends to learn how everything works with the mods but i am at the point of giving up on it[DOUBLEPOST=1354102467][/DOUBLEPOST]i hope i did this right
http://pastebin.com/TzduiSL2