I have a dude

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

xAlfred987x

Jul 29, 2019
I have a question, what are the mods that frencuentemente Modpacks used in most falls that cause fps with less powerful computers.

Sorry for my English, I use a translator.

triblades

Jul 29, 2019
Edit: I thought the question was; which mod can cause better fps on slow computers. :p

Edit 2:
@xAlfred987x
Do you have a specific modpack?

I think you mean 'Optifine'.

I don't know if that is really a mod...

Last edited:

The classless

Jul 29, 2019
usually thermal expansion when you get a lot of power gen and tumacraft taint updating can cause fps drops, but sometimes it is a spawning error minecraft does once in a while you should check the the console for some thing like this [Minecraft-Server] Wrong location! EntitySquid['Squid'/783, l='New World', x=1617.71, y=47.37, z=612.37] if this is the case download mc edit delete the chunk the entity is in then save the edit and reload minecraft it should be fixed

Reactions: RedBoss

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
There are also some issues with Ars Magica as well for killing computers/servers. Much documentation is out there on this

Reactions: Padfoote

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Go with simple world generation like vanilla or BoP. ATG and Highlands creates awesome landscape, but adds tons of stuff that needs to be rendered. Also make sure to disable stuff which adds world gen which you don't want/need. Like if you don't have plans to build in/near/under the ocean, then you probably dont need stuff like Mariculture.

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
Edit: I thought the question was; which mod can cause better fps on slow computers. :p

I don't know if that is really a mod...

I don't think he's asking what boosts fps.

notice the use of "falls" before fps. I know it's the sentence structure that is throwing you off. rearranged in your "logical" order it'd be something like;

I have a question, what are the mods that frecuentemente (frequently) used in Modpacks that cause most falls fps with less powerful computers.

which makes a lot more sense to the english-only speaker. :)

to the best I can put together, his post should read something like this:
"I have a question, what are the mods that are frequently used in modpacks that cause drops in fps on less powerful computers?"

Hope this helps.

edit: I also have a dude
140228845525.jpg

dothrom

Jul 29, 2019
Love that this thread has been more about "what was the question?" and less about answering the question.

For FPS drops, the biggest culprits are mods with a lot of animation. Thermal expansion can cause a fair bit of fps loss if you've got transparent fluid/item ducts. I can see rotarycraft butchering people's fps (hasn't killed mine yet.. yet). I recall having some problems with railcraft engines, due to a combination of animations and entering/leaving the range for their sound effect. Thaumcraft and Ars Magica 2 have so many beautiful particle effects now, but I've had them drop my FPS.
So I'd say it's hard to pick out specific mods that hurt fps (for the most part) it's more about the quanity of animated/sound making blocks you have around you.