I fixed a crashed with the engineers manual, but have an issue with minecraft defaulting on java

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
So there is a bug (I think it's one) in 1.12.2 version of IE that causes a java crash. Ok so I'll just direct the launcher to call on the newest version of Java, and not the one that ships with the twitch launcher. The game launches with the new version and no java crash. Except, after I close down the launcher, it defaults back to the original as if I didn't do anything to begin with, causing me to have to redo it again, and again, and again.

The Java exe checkmark is green when I call it up, but defaults back to grey afterwards ... there a way to fix it?

P

Pjc21

In order to use the newest (or specified version) of java by default, you will need to use the jar launcher and not the native launcher. See this thread

Any changes made on native launcher seem to only last for one launch.
To change launcher for twitch, from twitch go to file, settings - select minecraft on left side then scroll down to Launch Method and select Jar Launcher, and below you can specify the version of java to use.
Twitch1.pngTwitch2.png
11.png12.png

The first time you launch minecraft (or modpack) after changing this you will get a popup message saying you have used a newer launcher and to reset your settings, once done you will need to input your login info again.
After this it did not pick up modpack and was showing vanilla minecraft under use version in the edit profile options, so close the launcher and and select play on modpack again - check profile options under edit profile again and you should see correct forge version for modpack along with any JVM arguments you have added through twitch settings.
13.png

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian Cherrick