I Derp, You Derp, We all Derp, What's your's?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
There are no vanilla chunk loaders. There are ways to keep more than just world spawn loaded, but it's impractical and uses lots of hoppers at chunk boundaries extended all the way out from spawn.

I don't have anything like that set up, and don't live near spawn.

Rubyheart

Jul 29, 2019
As said in my previous posts, yes, I play on a server, I am the only person to play on said server, and have made zero chunk loaders, and don't live near spawn.

From my understanding of chunk loading mechanics, the chunks should not be loaded after about five minutes of me not being in the area, or offline.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
As said in my previous posts, yes, I play on a server, I am the only person to play on said server, and have made zero chunk loaders, and don't live near spawn.

From my understanding of chunk loading mechanics, the chunks should not be loaded after about five minutes of me not being in the area, or offline.
Not sure I understand the derp then...

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
There a sadly enough way to many ways to accidentally load chunks/keep them loaded without chunkloaders.
In vanilla certain redstone contraptions are used after mojang made hoppers unable to do it. In 1.7.10 I believe hoppers still can load chunks if placed "properly".

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
There are no vanilla chunk loaders. There are ways to keep more than just world spawn loaded, but it's impractical and uses lots of hoppers at chunk boundaries extended all the way out from spawn.

I don't have anything like that set up, and don't live near spawn.
The are no devices explicitly purposed to chunk loading in vanilla. The chunk loaders I was referring to was spawn itself. It is in vanilla and it loads chunks. There for, to me, it is a chunk loader.

I just threw in the plural for the fun of it. I could only find reference to that one and didn't spend enough time reading to verify any others.

Edit:
I set a magnetostatic engine to be autofilled with liquid nitrogen so it wouldn't overheat and explode. I did not however, set the refrigeration unit to be autofilled with ice, nor the engine powering it with ethanol. It overheated and exploded. Taking my drum of jet fuel next to it with it.
Not sure I understand the derp then...
Not for sure. looking stuff up though. Just looking at the post the device was set up to be filled with coolant automatically. The device to produce the coolant wasn't automated though. When the first device ran out of the coolant the second device wasn't supplying it blew up.

The mod this all seems to be referring to is "Rotarycraft".

I just noticed my brother started playing a game I like. I might research this some more if I am still curious.

Last edited:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Reading and installing the "Piston Deployer" upgrade on my Flaxbeard Exosuit(that part is fine), but then thinking: Why can pistons make me grab walls and why doesn't the recipe actually use pistons...

Now just reread the upgrades in my chest piece while I was filling up steam: "Piton Deployer"

Ahhhhh, now I get it!

davecats

Jul 29, 2019
Shoved a stack of charcoal in my high oven one time. Unfortunately, it took a while to heat up to a sufficient level so I left it for a while to do its thing.

A long while.

So long, in fact, I completely rebuilt my base and re-jigged my ore sifting system (I was on skyblock 1.6.4- why else would I use a stupid high oven?) and promptly forgot about the whole 'high oven' ordeal.

I remembered about three IRL hours later and rushed back to my oven, a steady stream of cuss words pouring out of my mouth as I went- only to find that I was about 2 hours too late. All my precious charcoal was gone and my oven was stone cold.

mattp_12

Jul 29, 2019
One time while in my (vanilla) command block test world, while I was typing out a command,
I accidentally left a space in between "@" and "e"... It was a /kill @e command... On a 20 tick/second clock... I may sound stupid, but I challenged myself to fix it without using mcedit. I tried spectator mode to see if I could fly over and at least find the coordinates of the block, nope. Was killed too fast. I tried a TON of setblock commands farther and farther away from me at various heights to try to get it. Nope. At that point, if mcedit didn't work, I didn't know what I'd do :p

davecats

Jul 29, 2019
Today I was trying to figure out an effective way to get rid of all the spare chisel stones my mining turtle was generating and I decided a nullifier would be the perfect tool for the job. The best way to to put it into action, I thought, was to hook it up to an item duct with a reinforced servo installed. So I did. After that, I used the servo to filter the various stones through to the nullifier. Unfortunately, I forgot to switch the 'blacklist' button to the 'Whitelist' button. When I came back a few minutes later, the only thing in the chest were the stones I'd forgotten to Whitelist. Everything else was gone, half stack of Shiny ore included.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: erindalc
T

turtle0574

The first modpack I played was FTB MindCrack back in 1.4.7, I really wanted a RedPower wool card to get string and a Blueletric engine for my mining wells to run on solar, but I thought that the diamond drawplate was used up for each craft of the wires so I made about ten of them which took most of my diamonds. The entire several months that I played on that world I never even used up one of the drawplates.

Reactions: Linda Hartlen

desht

Jan 30, 2013
UK
Playing in Regrowth (where you get about 2 seconds breathing underwater without extra equipment), I accidentally right-clicked an ender pearl into the deep ocean.

Deep enough that nothing happened for 10 seconds or so, until the pearl hit the ocean bed.

Only just got my ring of chordata out of a backpack in time. Damn vanilla mechanics.

Reactions: Dentvar and RedBoss

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
The first modpack I played was FTB MindCrack back in 1.4.7, I really wanted a RedPower wool card to get string and a Blueletric engine for my mining wells to run on solar, but I thought that the diamond drawplate was used up for each craft of the wires so I made about ten of them which took most of my diamonds. The entire several months that I played on that world I never even used up one of the drawplates.

If that was in singleplayer, you could've probably just cheated in the diamonds and deleted the excess drawplates. If it'd been in multiplayer, you'd have to just grin and wear it whenever someone discovered your extra drawplates in a chest somewhere!

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Just spend way way too long swearing at the Terrastrial Agglomeration Plate, Sparks and Botania in general (stupid dropped items, why wont it transmit the damn mana, why wont it start the process, now the bloody items timed out and vanished!!! :mad:), all because I had alternated the Lapis and Livingstone pattern the opposite of what it was supposed to be.... :oops: