I confess...

P

PrometheusUnbound

I have a confession to make before my actual intro. I used to think you were all strange, wanting to mod Minecraft. "Whats wrong with the way it is meant to be played, Vanilla?" I would say. For a long time i played vanilla. Swearing as i did so that i would never use a mod so long as i play. Then i found FTB. I am still fairly new to it. But i sorely regret my attitude to mods.
So for the above, all I can say is Sorry. Sorry to all of you, for thinking you were strange. All I ask is your forgiveness. I pre-judged.

Assuming i have not wholly offended you, and you are not either writing me a heated reply or going back to the forum proper with the intention to never reply to me on anything, greetings.

I am Prometheus Unbound. And I am happy to be here.
I hope to be conversing with you in the future.

P.U

Y

Your mom

I have a confession to make before my actual intro. I used to think you were all strange, wanting to mod Minecraft. "Whats wrong with the way it is meant to be played, Vanilla?" I would say. For a long time i played vanilla. Swearing as i did so that i would never use a mod so long as i play. Then i found FTB. I am still fairly new to it. But i sorely regret my attitude to mods.
So for the above, all I can say is Sorry. Sorry to all of you, for thinking you were strange. All I ask is your forgiveness. I pre-judged.

Assuming i have not wholly offended you, and you are not either writing me a heated reply or going back to the forum proper with the intention to never reply to me on anything, greetings.

I am Prometheus Unbound. And I am happy to be here.
I hope to be conversing with you in the future.

P.U

You thought we were strange?!?! What ever gave you that idea! We just love the power to destroy in minecraft! Muahahah

P

PrometheusUnbound

You thought we were strange?!?! What ever gave you that idea! We just love the power to destroy in minecraft! Muahahah
Hehe. Yes, some of the mods do rather make you feel drunk with power. Thaumcraft is my favourite for that. Oh how many times I have dreamed of destroying annoying zombies with fire. And now I can. All with the flick of a wand. And then there is cackling over cauldrons, vanilla Minecraft never quite captured that the way Witchery does. Strange looks from my housemates, no idea why.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
That's OK we think Vanilla only types are just as strange.
I mean who could play the game vanilla for that long anyway?
I get bored of modded play sometimes, I can't imagine how boring playing Vanilla would get fir me.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Reactions: PrometheusUnbound
P

PrometheusUnbound

That's OK we think Vanilla only types are just as strange.
I mean who could play the game vanilla for that long anyway?
I get bored of modded play sometimes, I can't imagine how boring playing Vanilla would get fir me.

Understandable. I, even being this early into modded Minecraft, cannot imagine how I ever enjoyed Vanilla as much as I did.

I think, looking back, my opinion was ill-informed. Many modded play-throughs I had seen had all been hardcore and such. And I think I just got it in my head that that was what modded Minecraft was. Ways of making the game harder. Making it more Hardcore. And in some ways, yes it is. But even the hardcore FTB packs i have played have been, well, fun. Because there is more to it than the usual grind of vanilla Minecraft. But there are, of course, non-hardcore mods and mod-packs. Something I should have considered a long time ago.
That is not to say Youtbers and the like were mis-informing people on purpose. No. It was I who mis-informed myself by making assumptions.

P.U

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Some people are very "sour grape" about modded minecraft because they falsely think it's inaccessible to them. Until you show them modpacks and launchers that let you install things at a touch of a button.

I mean vanilla MC is kinda easy and balance hardly matters. Well the bosses are tougher that's for certain but you don't really need to fight them in Vanilla. It's a block building game at heart, build a thing and you win the game.

Mods make bosses easier however they also add a reason to kill them.

At the end of the day it's a sandbox game you can't really ruin it's balance. I mean you can have broken OP mods but only in comparison to other mods.

P

PrometheusUnbound

Some people are very "sour grape" about modded minecraft because they falsely think it's inaccessible to them. Until you show them modpacks and launchers that let you install things at a touch of a button.

I mean vanilla MC is kinda easy and balance hardly matters. Well the bosses are tougher that's for certain but you don't really need to fight them in Vanilla. It's a block building game at heart, build a thing and you win the game.

Mods make bosses easier however they also add a reason to kill them.

At the end of the day it's a sandbox game you can't really ruin it's balance. I mean you can have broken OP mods but only in comparison to other mods.

The installation of mods is definitely a big factor. I know it was for me. I was afraid of doing something wrong. Odd thing is, I have installed mods many times on many other games. Somehow this one felt different.

You are right, it is easy. Believe it or not, i have only once ever faced off against the Ender Dragon. The other bosses (The Wither, Elder Guardian) i have never really bothered with.
Minecraft became something else for me once i had achieved the Ender Dragon. My playthroughs became mostly scenarios i had created for myself, things like building a Dwarven underground kingdom in survival, Buidling a whole villiage from scratch with custom buildings, and then defending that villiage for X amount of days. What i was doing was basically what HQM mod-packs do in FTB. I just did not know it at the time.
Funny ol' world innit?

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Indeed, when you hear about how Minecraft required you to actually change your main instance you didn't want to mess up your Vanilla game. So you don't bother.
Then you hear about things like multiMC and now Curse Lancher that is no longer an issue.
There has never been a better time to play modded MC. It's super easy with very little drawbacks.

Narkah

Jul 29, 2019
I used to be afraid of modding games like Skyrim and Fallout 3 because I though I would break it, even after I used to install forge manually. (And yes, it was a ***** without the installer using the new launcher). Nowadays, modding is INSANELY easy. No more Jar editing! No more deleting Meta-Inf! No more crazy steps! I actually bought premium MC because of the Tekkit Classic pack back when it was the main Tekkit pack in 1.3.

P

PrometheusUnbound

I used to be afraid of modding games like Skyrim and Fallout 3 because I though I would break it, even after I used to install forge manually. (And yes, it was a ***** without the installer using the new launcher). Nowadays, modding is INSANELY easy. No more Jar editing! No more deleting Meta-Inf! No more crazy steps! I actually bought premium MC because of the Tekkit Classic pack back when it was the main Tekkit pack in 1.3.
Oddly enough, for me, I never hesitated with modding Bethesda games (Skyrim and Fallout etc.) They were the type of games I had in mind when I wrote "Odd thing is, I have installed mods many times on many other games." I think its like Azzanine said; people are more likely to mod games if there is an easy way to do it. With Bethesda games there are programs that install mods for you at the click of a button, such as Nexus Mod Manager. And programs to sort load orders, like LOOT.

With Minecraft we now have, as Azzanine said, again, all these launchers that make things less daunting. For people like myself, it makes using mods a lot more enjoyable. Less biting my nails to the bone worrying I have done something wrong.