I can't decide where to live!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
I believe i'm probably going to play in a desert. I really like it, and it's nice if i can find a cool flat area, next to a river, near a forest. It once happen in a survival world. Ha...

Thanks for your detailed explanations!
I had a really good world in the BetaA pack that had a desert bordering a meadow, with a forest and river within view distance. Unfortunately I deleted it and forgot the seed >.<

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
I ended up deciding to bite the bullet and went about 400m north and pent 3 days to get two chickens, one day there and 2 days back ><

Also, I hate the enchanting system, wanting a fortune pickaxe and got an efficiency 4/unbreaking 3 after using my 30 levels : /

The other bad thing about the seed though is that I'm effectively surrounded by lava at the lower levels, so finding ore is a bit harder. Having said that it makes the igneous extruder that much better and soon I shall go to the nether. Hopefully I'll spawn near a fortress, or at the very least near some darn netherwarts.

BanzaiBlitz

Jul 29, 2019
Why didn't you just get a pile of eggs and murder all the clucking bastards? :p

And I have not seriously hunted, but I have never found netherwart more than a single time since they were implemented. :eek:

I haven't done serious netherwart hunting, nor visited The End but now that many mods utilize them so much, that'll change once Ultimate hits. :)

joaopada

Jul 29, 2019
Everyone! I figured out just the *almost* perfect spot!

Album here:
http://imgur.com/a/A0psT

Next to a village, in front of a Stone Mountain, near a redwood forest, and already found a place with marble. Near another desert and also near plains. Taiga 1 minute walking away. Pretty decent!

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
Why didn't you just get a pile of eggs and murder all the clucking bastards? :p

And I have not seriously hunted, but I have never found netherwart more than a single time since they were implemented. :eek:

I haven't done serious netherwart hunting, nor visited The End but now that many mods utilize them so much, that'll change once Ultimate hits. :)

For the nether warts I kinda cheated. I have a recreated version of my world in creative, so I flew around till I saw a nether fortress and used the whole them tending to spawn on the same z-axis trick to find a nether wart farm about 300m from my portal. That was the long part. after that I went to my play world and dug a tunnel straight into that part of the fortress, so I have a tunnel from my portal to a nether fortress now.

Instead of digging the tunnel though I could have ran there, but the entire path would have been open to ghasts and bats so...