I cannot get a furnace to fill with charcoal using applied energistics?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
Here is my setup:
H4zyloF.png

YJW2hwD.png

Octnfrx.png

It just fills all the slots with charcoal except for the output. it makes graphite bars from reactorcraft and I cannot figure out how to use AE to only input into ONE face and only that face. Can anyone help or anyone have any ideas/fixes?

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Here is my setup:
H4zyloF.png

YJW2hwD.png

Octnfrx.png

It just fills all the slots with charcoal except for the output. it makes graphite bars from reactorcraft and I cannot figure out how to use AE to only input into ONE face and only that face. Can anyone help or anyone have any ideas/fixes?
Try making it output into the bottom face? I'm not entirely certain how the Force Furnace works.

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
I did that too, still no luck :p

Well, I now have enough graphite bars to build 60 massive reactors.

new plan, going to try using coal/charcoal blocks instead of the individual pieces and see if that works as they do not have a smelting recipe to turn into graphite bars and cannot be put into that slot.

edit: success that seems to be a bit odd but I got it working I suppose. Not the most idea setup but meh.

Last edited:

dothrom

Jul 29, 2019
I've not touched Dartcraft since ftb unleashed. What is the advantage of the force furnace?
Because i'm pretty sure the regular furnace is side/slot specific.

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
Force furnace you can add upgrade cores which have specific abilities. efficiency, speed, freezing etc

ingie

Jul 29, 2019
Does it work if you just use a hopper?
If so, then you could stick hoppers on it and use AE to pump into those, or drop into those [if using AE processing interfaces]

if it doesn't work with hoppers on the correct sides, then it's Dartcraft's furnace not being ISided [i.e. following the vanilla furnace side methods - top "side" is slot 1 (burnable, in a vanilla furnace), any side "side" is slot 2 (fuel, in vanilla), bottom "side" is slot 3 (output, in vanilla) ]

dothrom

Jul 29, 2019
Does it work if you just use a hopper?
If so, then you could stick hoppers on it and use AE to pump into those, or drop into those [if using AE processing interfaces]

if it doesn't work with hoppers on the correct sides, then it's Dartcraft's furnace not being ISided [i.e. following the vanilla furnace side methods - top "side" is slot 1 (burnable, in a vanilla furnace), any side "side" is slot 2 (fuel, in vanilla), bottom "side" is slot 3 (output, in vanilla) ]
Using a hopper wouldn't change anything. From what was said and the image provided, it's apparent that the force furnace is not side dependant.

ingie

Jul 29, 2019
Using a hopper wouldn't change anything. From what was said and the image provided, it's apparent that the force furnace is not side dependant.

i agree generally, aye... it's only 'cause i've had blocks be a little weird with AE, but not be weird with hoppers... as if the block was checking what was there rather than just "taking sides" as it were... on my brief playing with dartcraft a while back i found it to have "curious" mechanics at times.... but i totally agree, it's highly unlikely, i just always like to rule such things out by experiment, i guess :)

dothrom

Jul 29, 2019
i agree generally, aye... it's only 'cause i've had blocks be a little weird with AE, but not be weird with hoppers... as if the block was checking what was there rather than just "taking sides" as it were... on my brief playing with dartcraft a while back i found it to have "curious" mechanics at times.... but i totally agree, it's highly unlikely, i just always like to rule such things out by experiment, i guess :)
Hey, leave the sciencing to professionals. Like me! Now I must go back to figuring out new and exciting ways to kill villagers.

ingie

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, leave the sciencing to professionals. Like me!

damn, and i thought i was a professional scientist... depends how far one stretches the term tho. but i think feynman would approve.

Now I must go back to figuring out new and exciting ways to kill villagers.

haha.. similar here... i'm currently working on a Curious Chicken Disaster railway using CJ's new electrified rails.

MarchWaden

Jul 29, 2019
If you've got factorization routers can input directly into any slot in the block. I guess you'd have to output into a chest and router it to slot 2 (or whatever burnable is in dc furnace).

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry, uh, just double checking here, but did you say you are inputting charcoal and now you have enough graphite bars for 50 big reactors? The force furnace, like a vanilla furnace and all mod furnaces that run off of vanilla fuels and cook the same things as a vanilla furnace, will treat charcoal as fuel... unless it can be smelted. The issue isn't the iSided nature of the force furnace, nor DartCraft at all. It's Big Reactors making charcoal and coal able to be cooked; this breaking that age old system of adding charcoal via pipes, tubes, ducts, or hoppers, because it will smelt it first, and if it could be used as fuel, it can't now because it cooked it into something that can't be cooked.
I had the same issue ages ago, and figured it out. Make the charcoal smelting recipe go away(handy config option), and your issue vanishes.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, leave the sciencing to professionals. Like me! Now I must go back to figuring out new and exciting ways to kill villagers.
Have you tried Liquid Death yet? Not only awesomely named, but it melts them into tasty essentia crystals for all your Thaumcraft needs :D

dothrom

Jul 29, 2019
Oh my. That does sound fun. I don't do much with magic mods, otherwise I'd definitely check it out.