I am unable to sign into FTB please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ehhhkody

Jul 29, 2019
I am new to FTB, I'm not sure what is going on I am signing in with my minecraft name and password and the same info for my FTB account could someone tell me how to sign in? Please :D

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
Try retyping it you may have just made a tpyo. If that doesn't work, go to options and toggle the checkbox for showing the console, click launch then reopen the launcher. Then try logging in and post what the console says here or to pastebin if it's a large error.

Reactions: ehhhkody

dementia

Jul 29, 2019
Sometimes I also get this error. The solution I have found to work is to edit your profile. Then delete everything in the password area, and retype your password from scratch. Then save and launch.

Nessiroj

Jul 29, 2019
Had the same problem this morning, if you put the launcher to debug you saw alot off error 500 on the creeper repo's. Checking the twitter of them shows there are / where problems last night with the repos

dementia

Jul 29, 2019
I am new to FTB, I'm not sure what is going on I am signing in with my minecraft name and password and the same info for my FTB account could someone tell me how to sign in? Please :D
Follow these steps to sign in:
1: Launch the FTB launcher.
2: On the bottom right, to the left of the launch button there will be a small "v"(upside down triangle). Press that.
3: Select "Create Profile".
4: Where it says "Username:" put your minecraft.net login username.
5: Where it says "Password:" put your minecraft.net login password.
6: Where it says "Profile Na..." put whatever you wish to name this profile(e.g. Tom's profile).
7: Select the Accept button at the bottom of the window. For me it says "A..."
8: Now press the Launch button at the bottom right of the launcher.

ehhhkody

Jul 29, 2019
Now it will not allow me to log into my server, it says "The server requires mods that are absent or out of date in your client." but everything is up to date, any fixes on this?

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
You may have downloaded a non-recommended build. There's a dropdown that says "Recommended", try changing it to the latest version which may be below where it says recommended but it is still the latest. You may also be using the wrong modpack.

ehhhkody

Jul 29, 2019
You may have downloaded a non-recommended build. There's a dropdown that says "Recommended", try changing it to the latest version which may be below where it says recommended but it is still the latest. You may also be using the wrong modpack.
For my launcher should I have the exe or the jar downloaded? Also when I choose for instance, the MindCrack pack, why does it redownload the mod pack every time I open it?

dementia

Jul 29, 2019
For windows I recommend the exe first then the jar, but that is not what he is talking about. He means you need to use the same version of the modpack that the server has installed. You can find out what version they use by going the the thread the server owner made, and checking for something similar to v1, v2, v3, v4, v5, v6, etc.

Backup your saves before doing this. Follow these steps if you don't know how:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/feed-the-beast-how-to-backup-saves.9369/

Then follow these steps:
1: Open the FTB launcher.
2: Below the "OPTIONS" tab (not inside, but below) there should be a "v"(upside down triangle) with either "Recommended" or a number inside(e.g. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.0.1). Press the "v"(upside down triangle).
3: Select the # that matches the V# that the server uses. This is the version of the modpack.
4: Launch the launcher, and it will download and install the selected version.
5: Enter the server you wish to play on.

ehhhkody

Jul 29, 2019
For windows I recommend the exe first then the jar, but that is not what he is talking about. He means you need to use the same version of the modpack that the server has installed. You can find out what version they use by going the the thread the server owner made, and checking for something similar to v1, v2, v3, v4, v5, v6, etc.

Then follow these steps:
(will be updated shortly)
I plan on hosting the server, but I downloaded the exe and now everything seems to be working fine. I'm not sure what version it is though but I downloaded the server directly from the home page, so I'm guessing v6?

dementia

Jul 29, 2019

ehhhkody

Jul 29, 2019
Read this:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/johnleys-fast-and-easy-server-setup-guide.1290/

And this:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/server-hardware-discussion-any-server-owner-must-read.6010/

As for the version if you chose the Mindcrack pack you will have version 8.0.1. The Direwolf20 pack will have 5.0.1. FTB Lite 1.0.1. Magic World 7.0.1. Tech World 1.0.1. Universal Electicity 1.0.9. Retro SMP 1. Beta pack A 12.
How come it redownload the mod pack every time I log in?

Status
Not open for further replies.