HV Solar Array factory in 18x4 blocks

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

FavoriteFox

Jul 29, 2019
I've created an HV Solar Array factory that uses managers and magtubes to connect the autocrafting tables, and energy tesseracts to power the wooden pipes. It's quite compact, modular and fast. I calculated the top speed is about 15 minutes per HV Solar Array. I haven't seen this design before so I thought I'd post it. Hope you like it.

Dragonchampion

Jul 29, 2019
And that is why I ban advanced solars on my server! But still, I have to compliment you on your dedication. Good job!

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh, good times when I made one of these bad boys with EE2. But this is quite a bit more complicated, if at half the speed. I wonder, even though it's much more polished and smaller, if it's worth the extra time. When you say 18x4 blocks, do you mean 18x18 4 deep? If so, HV arrays can be created in the same space you have here with normal tubing and a lot more basic, though it would take more space, it would stay within the 4 chunk limit you seem to have yourself. Now, condensing this two blocks, and having it go down a few more would make this build that much more impressive.

I am not saying this isn't impressive in any way, and I am not saying I could do better (cause I sure can't). Just some tips to try out next time, or maybe a modification. Your goal should be 1 chunk, because with 1 chunk, you're able to have a small area loaded, instead of four. If one of those areas are not loaded, problems may occur.

FavoriteFox

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh, good times when I made one of these bad boys with EE2. But this is quite a bit more complicated, if at half the speed. I wonder, even though it's much more polished and smaller, if it's worth the extra time. When you say 18x4 blocks, do you mean 18x18 4 deep? If so, HV arrays can be created in the same space you have here with normal tubing and a lot more basic, though it would take more space, it would stay within the 4 chunk limit you seem to have yourself. Now, condensing this two blocks, and having it go down a few more would make this build that much more impressive.

I am not saying this isn't impressive in any way, and I am not saying I could do better (cause I sure can't). Just some tips to try out next time, or maybe a modification. Your goal should be 1 chunk, because with 1 chunk, you're able to have a small area loaded, instead of four. If one of those areas are not loaded, problems may occur.

It's 18x4x3 if you use pneumatic tubes and x4 if you use magtubes.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, two chunks. Well that just got twice as impressive :D

Nice job, what do you have planned next? HV Arrays are probably one of the biggest factories one can make in FTB, if you can fit the two blocks in anywhere else, I suggest you do so. Also, I don't think magtubes are much of a necessity, all they do is increase speed, and for a longer output factory, it doesn't really matter much, especially since it's small, it won't need to travel much at high speed.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
What are massive resources? Nah. The users don't deserve high end rewards.

Massive resources? HV solar array's don't even use iridium. You have a lot of very very basic items. A small quarry could build several.

Code:
+---------------+--------+----------------------+
| material      | amount | Number of stacks     |
| rubber        | 6810   | 106 stacks, 26 extra |
| iron ingot    | 5193   | 81 stacks, 9 extra   |
| cobblestone   | 4096   | 64 stacks, 0 extra   |
| copper        | 3597   | 56 stacks, 13 extra  |
| redstone dust | 3082   | 48 stacks, 10 extra  |
| tin           | 2048   | 32 stacks, 0 extra   | 
| coal          | 1536   | 24 stacks, 0 extra   | 
| glass         | 1536   | 24 stacks, 0 extra   | 
| wooden plank  | 256    | 4 stacks, 0 extra    |
| diamond       | 1      | 0 stacks, 1 extra    |

Reactions: Freyr

arkangyl

Jul 29, 2019
Massive resources? HV solar array's don't even use iridium. You have a lot of very very basic items. A small quarry could build several.
They're the only really resource intensive thing the DW20 pack has, besides Quantum. What else is there to make in that pack?

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
No need to ban solar arrays, you can just nerf them. It's easy to do in the CompactSolars config, just change the scale factor from 1 to 2 and suddenly they all run at half output. Which turns solars from something that's borderline cost competitive with fuel-based generators into something that is far more expensive for the same output, which is a good tradeoff for not requiring fuel. The clients don't need to adjust their configs, the serverside config will overrule them.

On topic:

What's the performance difference between a wooden pipe powered by a tesseract, compared to using autarchic gates?

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
Powered wooden pipe can get you one craft per tick. Quick test on newest buildcraft (no warm up for autarchic gates) show that pipe powered by 1 MJ/t from energy cell is about 10 times faster than gate.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting, I didn't even think of trying tesseracts or energy cells before, since conduits cannot power wooden pipes (jumping to conclusions ftl). I assume then that energy tesseracts evenly split power through all available exits? So if I have one send tesseract and 20 receive tesseracts on the same frequency, and input 25 MJ/t, then each receiver will get 1 MJ/t?

FavoriteFox

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting, I didn't even think of trying tesseracts or energy cells before, since conduits cannot power wooden pipes (jumping to conclusions ftl). I assume then that energy tesseracts evenly split power through all available exits? So if I have one send tesseract and 20 receive tesseracts on the same frequency, and input 25 MJ/t, then each receiver will get 1 MJ/t?

Yeah you can have multiple transmitters and multiple receivers on the same frequency. Not sure what the maximum throughput is but I transmit 192MJ/t. It seems to be very good at distributing the energy too: everything seems to be getting plenty of power with two quarries running at full speed.

eculc

Jul 29, 2019
I imagine if it's 18*3*4 it would be possible to condense it down to one chunk, but still very impressive.

danny1992

Jul 29, 2019
i like the map very much but the uumatter factory cause me a lot of lag can you add an lever to switch on and off igneus extruders

FavoriteFox

Jul 29, 2019
i like the map very much but the uumatter factory cause me a lot of lag can you add an lever to switch on and off igneus extruders

I added two switches so you can run the factory at half speed or turn it off entirely. I also moved the rubber chest to a better location so it won't cause lag when it overflows. If you still have too much lag, turn off one of the quarries in Age 5 and turn off HV Solar array production (gate). Here's the updated map:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/37770164/FavoriteFox World.zip