Problem Huge amount of mobs spawning then crash.

Pixelmnkey

Jul 29, 2019
A user of my server was in the nether when more than 600 ghasts spawned near him, he teleported back to his home and then the server crashed, it isn't the first time a chunk goes crazy spawning mobs then crashes the server when someone comes nearby. This is the error log, we're using Mindcrack v8, anyone knows why this happens?

13:31:59 [SEVERE] Encountered an unexpected exception t
13:31:59 t: Exception ticking world
13:31:59 at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.r(MinecraftServer.java:675)
13:31:59 at ho.r(DedicatedServer.java:269)
13:31:59 at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.q(MinecraftServer.java:599)
13:31:59 at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:497)
13:31:59 at fy.run(SourceFile:849)
13:31:59 Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
13:31:59 at im.b(ChunkProviderServer.java:327)
13:31:59 at in.b(WorldServer.java:166)
13:31:59 at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.r(MinecraftServer.java:669)
13:31:59 ... 4 more
13:31:59 [SEVERE] This crash report has been saved to: /home/minecraft/./crash-reports/crash-2013-02-27_13.31.59-server.txt

HaoSs

Jul 29, 2019
happen'd to me. and aperf to limit the server sapwn to 2k. after a wile it just went away. removed the limit and now its just fine. i also use TT new spawn metod now

Pixelmnkey

Jul 29, 2019
Uhm, sounds like another reason to move to PEX and MyTown, i usually reset the chunk or since it's in the nether, i'll just reset it, thanks :)

HaoSs

Jul 29, 2019
yah. i'm on mytown and pex. the mytown protection is bulletproof . i did no find a mod that can grief it :) aperf is just awesome. TT works grate. Forge Essentials is a little behind . but with the new 1.2 coming we will have more worldedit commands . announcer.auto backup. auto save. register system. votifier. Just hope all will be finish when 1.2 goes live

Pixelmnkey

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using Fihgu's with FE, but it kinda pisses me off that there's no protection against thaumcraft excavation wand, you know if mytown fixeas that? Also, the claim system in mytown works per chunk? Or can i claim a desired zone from where i stand and not chunkbased?

HaoSs

Jul 29, 2019
yes. mytown fixes buildcraft( builders.quary.filler)/turtle/portalgun/all thaumcraft related things /ic2 mining laser. all TNT's. railcraft bores. RP bores ( frames ), StevesCarts miners. traincraft/creepers ,mobs spawn, ranged items/pvp ( bow,wands ) ( and you have commands to torn them on/off for town or just 1 plot ) :) i have a minimal ban list on my server. just the dupe related ones.
protection is with chunk. ( number set for each player. want more town protections ? invite more players in to your town )

down side is your stuck with FE 1.1.1 and fihgu;s login module if you need alternative login. till FE finish register mod

Francis Baster

Jul 29, 2019
yes. mytown fixes buildcraft( builders.quary.filler)/turtle/portalgun/all thaumcraft related things /ic2 mining laser. all TNT's. railcraft bores. RP bores ( frames ), StevesCarts miners. traincraft/creepers ,mobs spawn, ranged items/pvp ( bow,wands ) ( and you have commands to torn them on/off for town or just 1 plot ) :) i have a minimal ban list on my server. just the dupe related ones.
protection is with chunk. ( number set for each player. want more town protections ? invite more players in to your town )

down side is your stuck with FE 1.1.1 and fihgu;s login module if you need alternative login. till FE finish register mod

I'm currently using myTown/PEX/aPerm and Fihgu's teleport module together with no issue, haven't tried with Fihgu's login module however.

Pixelmnkey

Jul 29, 2019
The main issue i see is that we already made a city and the plots may not match with the buildings, right?