HQM for Unstable 1.10

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

pAznik

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know for a HQM book with quests that can be thrown in to Unstable 1.10 modpack ( of course if that is even possible) , or any other ''kitchensink'' style pack. If anyone know for huge 1.9 or newer pack with tons of quest would be even better. :)

But i'm not searching for skyblock, apocalypse or crashlanding style pack, that change vanilla gameplay and world generation too much. I'm also stuck to Curse since my FTB launcher don't work anymore (i screw something when updating Java some time ago:oops:).

Scottly318

Jul 29, 2019
Soon those packs will no longer be available on the ftb launcher. Anything branded by ftb is being removed and all future ftb brand packs will be available on curse alone

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
It looks like HQM is in alpha dev in 1.9.4 and has not yet updated to 1.10.2.

Someone has to sit down and write all those quests, they don't generate automatically, so it is unlikely that you will find it in a default settings, kitchen sink pack.

We are only just starting into any serious pack dev for 1.10.2, so it may still be several months before we see any reasonably stable beta pack releases and even longer before we see anything as polished as an HQM pack.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
It looks like HQM is in alpha dev in 1.9.4 and has not yet updated to 1.10.2.

Someone has to sit down and write all those quests, they don't generate automatically, so it is unlikely that you will find it in a default settings, kitchen sink pack.

We are only just starting into any serious pack dev for 1.10.2, so it may still be several months before we see any reasonably stable beta pack releases and even longer before we see anything as polished as an HQM pack.

HQM for 1.9.4 works fine on 1.10.2 though
Also it is beta and not alpha

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
HQM for 1.9.4 works fine on 1.10.2 though
Also it is beta and not alpha

That's what I get for just glancing at the files list. I stand corrected. It may work fine, but adding it if it doesn't show up on the 1.10.2 list in curse voice is a slight hassle. I know it wasn't that long ago I had to do all that any time I wanted to add or update a mod, but now I'm spoiled.

pAznik

Jul 29, 2019
Did we? Source?
To be honest this issues doesn't really matter for this topic where i would like to know if someone know for new big pack with HQM ;)
I believe he meant to say that in future FTB launcher will no longer be in use. FTB team mentioned this numerous times after Curse was introduced, but with no specific time. :)

Reactions: RedBoss

jikuja

legacy FTB Launcher developer
Launcher Developer
Global Moderator
Dec 17, 2013

Scottly318

Jul 29, 2019
This rabbit hole is going nowhere. Mcjty provided evidence that it's in the works. Discussing ftb/curse is neither here nor there in this issue

Reactions: RedBoss