HP m6-1232sa upgrade

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
You just need about 2.5-4 gigs of RAM for minecraft, and want at least 1-2 gigs for the OS. So it should help as long as you allocate it properly. I also suggest getting a processor and graphics card upgrade if possible (e.g. Upgrading to intel i7

Feniks

Jul 29, 2019
You just need about 2.5-4 gigs of RAM for minecraft, and want at least 1-2 gigs for the OS. So it should help as long as you allocate it properly. I also suggest getting a processor and graphics card upgrade if possible (e.g. Upgrading to intel i7

When I upgread to 16 I will easily dedicate 4to FTB with 12 to spare so cool.

As to graphics I always though that my AMD Radeon HD 7670M (2 GB DDR3 dedicated) was the only good thing in this laptop is it that bad really?

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
When I upgread to 16 I will easily dedicate 4to FTB with 12 to spare so cool.

As to graphics I always though that my AMD Radeon HD 7670M (2 GB DDR3 dedicated) was the only good thing in this laptop is it that bad really?
Its not bad. Just getting an upgrade makes it better :p
Just like fgetting more RAM, 8 might be good, but 16 is better, and the i7. i5 is a great core, but i7 is one of the best.

Feniks

Jul 29, 2019
qestion is how much difference will it make I mean getting extra 10fps doesn't justify speding £100 at least not in my girlfriend eyes so not sure she would be happy if I did :p

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
qestion is how much difference will it make I mean getting extra 10fps doesn't justify speding £100 at least not in my girlfriend eyes so not sure she would be happy if I did :p
Well it depends
What else are you playing? Just Minecraft?

Talsek

Jul 29, 2019
whoa OP.

if you have 8gb it will barely improve performance.having 12gb spare is much too overkill. theres a difference between a performance increase and bragging rights.rule of thumb is:if the ram doesnt get 100% used you wont get a fps increase.
just look at your current ram usage,does it ever top at 100%?

im sorry i have to be the first one to say it but DDR3 in a graphics card is pure unadulterated cancer.its what you would find in a 40 dollar scrap metal card.
im not really familiar with what minecrafts hardware needs are but its pretty terrible.
you want at least GDDR5 memory for gpus.

the cpu is not bad but expected more from a third gen i5. before you upgrade find out if its soldered to the board.all the socket g2 i7s all carry a pretty hefty price tag though a quick google revealed a few for 400+.

recommend you check current ram usage,depending on if you have 2 or 4 ram slots either add a 4 gb stick or buy a new kit.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

XxSaRobz09xX

Jul 29, 2019
I have an i7 laptop with 6GB of ram and a nvidia graphics card, it runs pretty well and can handle games like Minecraft, Feed The Beast (same thing) and Call if Duty. I think that you only really need 4GB ram to run almost any game at a good setting

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

kittle

Jul 29, 2019
looking at the specs in the link you gave, the issue is NOT ram. the laptop comes stock with 6GB of ram. thats enough to play FTB.

The issue is the underpowered 2.6Ghz CPU. minecraft is Ram heavy first, CPU heavy second and GPU a distant 3rd or 4th. I find a 3.0ghz CPU works well. 2.6ghz and below is just not enough. My laptop has a 2.5ghz cpu and 8gb of memory, and a fast SSD. But because of the slow CPU its painful to play minecraft on it. My desktop has a 3.3ghz cpu and its MUCH nicer to play on.

With 6-8GB you wont need anymore, unless you have something else that wants more memory.
my advice is to save your $$ and get a faster PC in the future.

Reactions: XxSaRobz09xX

Feniks

Jul 29, 2019
looking at the specs in the link you gave, the issue is NOT ram. the laptop comes stock with 6GB of ram. thats enough to play FTB.

The issue is the underpowered 2.6Ghz CPU. minecraft is Ram heavy first, CPU heavy second and GPU a distant 3rd or 4th. I find a 3.0ghz CPU works well. 2.6ghz and below is just not enough. My laptop has a 2.5ghz cpu and 8gb of memory, and a fast SSD. But because of the slow CPU its painful to play minecraft on it. My desktop has a 3.3ghz cpu and its MUCH nicer to play on.

With 6-8GB you wont need anymore, unless you have something else that wants more memory.
my advice is to save your $$ and get a faster PC in the future.

Would buying this processor
INTEL CORE i7-3720QM 3.60GHz 6M SR0ML

http://www.pcbuyit.co.uk/intel-core-i73720qm-360ghz-6m-sr0ml-p-2285.html

Make a
difference? And if so how much of a difference? It is kind of on the top of my budget to get it so If I push my finances for it I want to make sure it will have substantial impact on my performance.

XxSaRobz09xX

Jul 29, 2019
Would buying this processor
INTEL CORE i7-3720QM 3.60GHz 6M SR0ML

http://www.pcbuyit.co.uk/intel-core-i73720qm-360ghz-6m-sr0ml-p-2285.html

Make a
difference? And if so how much of a difference? It is kind of on the top of my budget to get it so If I push my finances for it I want to make sure it will have substantial impact on my performance.
That would help ALOT. An i7 processor is a very good processor that is made for gaming and other stuff like editing.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Talsek

Jul 29, 2019
find out if the cpu is soldered on first,dont wana buy then find out you can change it.