How would you change IC2

frederic

Jul 29, 2019
IMO the new UU has potential, it just requires you to use the rest of IC2 and more importantly has no good recipes (i.e. nothing 10x more easily gotten via other means)

the UU has potential however the replicator does not 20 billion eu per piece of iridium and 22 buckets which cost 10 million a piece without scrap IMHO the UU is nerfed a bit too hard since it is no longer a viable option to have nukes producing 2K eu/t without mox since you burn through components tather quickly then in 1.5 you could pull it off but i tried in 1.6 and it couldn't keep up by just a tad so when i logged in a couple days later there was a giant crater XD

Dee_Twenty

Jul 29, 2019
Add a config option to disable the new recipes that require plates for a start, imagine my annoyance after installing Resonant Rise, going to create my iron furnace, and discovering that the recipe has now been changed to a Gregtech style recipe. So much for Greg only being involved in bugfixes, I'd scrap IC2 altogether since I barely even use it anymore if it weren't for the crop sticks, T-Con is my go to mod for most things now, Modular Powersuits and Thermal Expansion can handle most of the other things that IC2 was good for, the only reason I can see to keep it around is for the crops.

Reactions: PierceSG

Dee_Twenty

Jul 29, 2019
Greg has only done bugfixes. ThunderDark and sfPlayer(Worst dev in history IMHO) have made most of the changes to the mechanics.

In that case I change my vote to adding a config option to disable the Gregcraftian plate requirements for even the most basic machines like the iron furnace and firing these two.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
In that case I change my vote to adding a config option to disable the Gregcraftian plate requirements for even the most basic machines like the iron furnace and firing these two.
If greg were doing the changes he probably would have done that.

Reactions: RedBoss

frederic

Jul 29, 2019
Greg has only done bugfixes. ThunderDark and sfPlayer(Worst dev in history IMHO) have made most of the changes to the mechanics.
player was the one nerfing all solid and liquid fuels as well right? charcoal used to be 3.2K heat and now only 1.6 and all liquids are worth one quarter of what they used to

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
player was the one nerfing all solid and liquid fuels as well right? charcoal used to be 3.2K heat and now only 1.6 and all liquids are worth one quarter of what they used to
Correct.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Okay, I'm surprised I'm saying this, but this comment is rather... ignorant in nature.

First off, the plates aren't really all that bad. They're no different than refined iron, just needing to be pounded into a plate instead of cooked again into refined iron. Granted, the hammer's durability is laughable at best, however the concept isn't really that bad, and you can make a machine to automate it.

Second off... this is their project. They own it. You can't fire either of them, because a) they are not being paid for anything, b) because they do not have anyone in an authority position to tell them to in general, and c) because you in specific don't have any authority over squat regarding this mod and the devs working on it.

Disagree with the mechanics all you like, I have my own reservations on it. However the comment about 'firing' the guys who are in charge of the mod is just... it is an incorrect term being used. It is like trying to fire an author from writing his book series.

Don't like it? Don't use it. I know I don't. But that comment is just so... ludicrous... that it is only going to invite retaliation. If I had even the slightest suspicion that you were unaware of what you are speaking of, I'd call it deliberately flame-baiting. But since I am firmly of the opinion that it is out of ignorance rather than malignancy, I can only suggest you not use such a phrase again if you ever wish to be taken seriously on any topic ever.

Dee_Twenty

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, I'm surprised I'm saying this, but this comment is rather... ignorant in nature.

First off, the plates aren't really all that bad. They're no different than refined iron, just needing to be pounded into a plate instead of cooked again into refined iron. Granted, the hammer's durability is laughable at best, however the concept isn't really that bad, and you can make a machine to automate it.

Second off... this is their project. They own it. You can't fire either of them, because a) they are not being paid for anything, b) because they do not have anyone in an authority position to tell them to in general, and c) because you in specific don't have any authority over squat regarding this mod and the devs working on it.

Disagree with the mechanics all you like, I have my own reservations on it. However the comment about 'firing' the guys who are in charge of the mod is just... it is an incorrect term being used. It is like trying to fire an author from writing his book series.

Don't like it? Don't use it. I know I don't. But that comment is just so... ludicrous... that it is only going to invite retaliation. If I had even the slightest suspicion that you were unaware of what you are speaking of, I'd call it deliberately flame-baiting. But since I am firmly of the opinion that it is out of ignorance rather than malignancy, I can only suggest you not use such a phrase again if you ever wish to be taken seriously on any topic ever.

The question was how I would change the mod, within this hypothetical situation that implies that I were part of the dev team and thus have the authority to make whatever changes I want, in this case the changes I would make include the removal of the devs in question which would be well within my authority in this hypothetical situation. As far as the concept of the plates goes the issue is with the fact that you have to use them for the iron furnace, the most basic machine in the entire mod, a machine that doesn't even use electricity, it's just a slightly upgraded furnace, if the plates were required for later, more advanced machines I wouldn't mind it as much.