How would I go about this?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019
So, I decided to fall into the trap of playing on a public server and it's actually not all that bad :p

Except one guy. This guy goes into people's bases before they can afford to make a town and takes all their stuff. The admins refuse to ban him because the land is unclaimed. I know I should probably just not do public servers, but I wanna find this guy and make him hurt. Is there any way to locate a player reliably without admin perms? I would preferif it worked without them being online, but I can be extremely sneaky if I try so it really doesn't matter if he's on or not.

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
So, I decided to fall into the trap of playing on a public server and it's actually not all that bad :p

Except one guy. This guy goes into people's bases before they can afford to make a town and takes all their stuff. The admins refuse to ban him because the land is unclaimed. I know I should probably just not do public servers, but I wanna find this guy and make him hurt. Is there any way to locate a player reliably without admin perms? I would preferif it worked without them being online, but I can be extremely sneaky if I try so it really doesn't matter if he's on or not.
do you know his username? if so, you can use PiP to locate him.

Reactions: ThomazM

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
I dunno, set a trap. Warded blocks and some of those potion crystals to prevent escape by suicide.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Might be worthwhile building off the grid to keep your stuff safe until you can get your town perms set.

If you have thermal expansion, stick everything in strongboxes then dismantle them- they should keep inventory. You can keep everything valuable on your person when you log out.

Also work together with everyone else- if enough players want someone out, the admin would probably consider it. (if not team up and crush him)

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019
(if not team up and crush him)
After all of the other methods failed, we are assembling RoC heat rays, railguns, and good-ol TNT. We all pitched in to make a town built to mass-produce war equipment and now all we need is to find the guy. Gotta admit, it was quite fun making horrors of mass destruction with little to no technology.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
After all of the other methods failed, we are assembling RoC heat rays, railguns, and good-ol TNT. We all pitched in to make a town built to mass-produce war equipment and now all we need is to find the guy. Gotta admit, it was quite fun making horrors of mass destruction with little to no technology.
And yet you don't have the stuff to make a town :p

Reactions: RedBoss

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
"The old fashioned way" still works, with quite a lot of extra bells and whistles from various mods.

A TNT cannon that fires 280 TNT per volley and one volley every three seconds will make a huge mess of his base in short order.

If he has blastproofing, nuke him.

If people complain about the lag spike caused by the barrage, they are NEXT.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
Does the Cry of the Eternal Soul work on players who aren't using blood magic? Set one up in his base, surrounded by warded blocks, and then hide some spawners. He'll be forced to constantly fight mobs while stuck at 1 heart

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Intellesting idea.

My thought would actually be the well of suffering, "decorated" with warded blocks. Potion crystals to keep him healed. Trap him and treat him like your pet testificate.
I like how you think.
Does the Cry of the Eternal Soul work on players who aren't using blood magic? Set one up in his base, surrounded by warded blocks, and then hide some spawners. He'll be forced to constantly fight mobs while stuck at 1 heart
u wot m8
How would you get LP out of his network if he's not using BM? A Ritual of the Feathered Knife would work well.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
I like how you think.

u wot m8
How would you get LP out of his network if he's not using BM? A Ritual of the Feathered Knife would work well.
I didn't know if it only cut their health down to one while LP was draining or if it did it to anyone in the ritual's area of effect. If the latter, it could be more entertaining

Loxinnightwalker

Jul 29, 2019

Why not just make strong boxes for holding your stuff? it will keep others out, and you can always make them bigger later on.