How would I generate new land

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

brandon706

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any plugin that I can use to generate a said amount of land. So in my case I want to generate 3000x3000 in each dimension.

Phicksur

Jul 29, 2019
I am interested in this as well. I would like to generate an area of 20k by 20k on my server so I can reduce overhead on terrain generation when my players go 'exploring'.

So far the farthest has gone 20k from origin (and that was me and my buddy) and I want to make sure my dynmap can show everything that's out there.

Thanks in advance for anyone who responds to help us.

Zexmaxwell001

Jul 29, 2019
forgeessentials It is a forged-powered mod has a world border module to limit the world on all ages. Its still in the works/testing, so the world generate or fill command still has a few bugs.

Naolas

Jul 29, 2019
You could use MCPC+ and worldborder (bukkit plugin).

You should probably do this on a server copy if you don't want to run MCPC on your final server, as MCPC will change the folder layout. Then, once it is done, you copy over the region files.

I've done this for Twilight Forest and it worked like a charm.

Naolas

Jul 29, 2019
How would the generator know how much to generate without telling it how much to generate?

Phicksur

Jul 29, 2019
I mean, without limiting where the players can go. I understand the generator would need limits.

Worldborder and similar programs put up a virtual wall that players must remain within. I was hoping to generate the terrain without limiting where the players COULD go.

Naolas

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, the worldborder is merely the limit for the /fill command. You can remove it later.

In fact, once the chunks are generated, you can copy them to another server, remove MCPC/worldborder, or do whatever else you like.

The chunk data is kept in the regions folder.

Phicksur

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, thanks for the help.

I was trying to avoid using bukkit again, since it does mess up the dimensions directories, so I will probably just go into creative and fly over the areas I want generated.

Hopefully Mojang will get that API finished so we can get rid of these problems.