How to use Itemdust filters

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
D

Dormdude

I built a bone farm using graves but it also produces arrows. So I needed to separate the bones from the arrows. So I set up items ducts that would connect to a chest and an ender chest. I found out that there is filters for the items ducts so I made one and I've tried everything. No matter where I put the filter on thr route no matter if it is set to blacklist or whitelist and no matter if the filter is filled with bones or arrows. Every time all items(even items other than bones or arrows) will go right through the filter and into the first chest. Does anyone know how to actually use these filters because I can't find anything online explain how to use them properly. But I have a feeling they're just broken. Or better yet does anyone know if There is finally a working version of buildcraft for 1.12.2?

I'm also playing on the revelation modpack.
I wasn't sure if this was the right forum to post this question. None of them seems like the right place so sorry if this is wrong.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Just checking the obvious things first ... have you tried putting the filters on the itemducts facing into the output chests. If so, choose whitelist for both and specify bone for one and arrow for the other (alternatively you could blacklist bone for the arrow chest filter).

I've just tried it on basic chests and it works fine (I'm in StoneBlock btw).

https://imgur.com/a/3j8T53v
3j8T53v

D

Dormdude

Just checking the obvious things first ... have you tried putting the filters on the itemducts facing into the output chests. If so, choose whitelist for both and specify bone for one and arrow for the other (alternatively you could blacklist bone for the arrow chest filter).

I've just tried it on basic chests and it works fine (I'm in StoneBlock btw).

https://imgur.com/a/3j8T53v
3j8T53v
Thanks you that seems to have works. I never tried using 2 filters and I never tried putting them directly on the connection to the chest mostly because i wanted them to split off into separate routes. But it works. Tanks you for the help. I tried adding buildcraft and it seems to cause and insane amount of lag on our server so I guess these item ducts are the best alternative.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Glad you got it working!

I suppose you could use a buffer chest at the intersection where you wanted the line to split. Pump everything into this chest and then use the built-in filters on servos to pull out bones from one side and arrows from another.

That would do the same job as you originally wanted but might not look so good (you wouldn't actually need the actual filters on the output chests anymore).

Also, I *think* buildcraft in still at the alpha stage, so probably hasn't been optimised yet.