Windows .exe How to update FTB launcher in offline mode (NO CONNECTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChocolateCharlie

Jul 29, 2019
Hi !

I need to update my launcher with the new (FTB Unleashed) and need to do this in (offline mode) i don't have a connection right now.. :(

I updated the FTB launcher on my Laptop but not on my home-pc.. Can i transfer the files downloaded to my laptop and update the launcher on my pc at home?

Thx!

GuildMaster

Jul 29, 2019
First, you have to start FTB at least one time with access to Internet with your account. If FTB started on your laptop, then you can copy-paste it to your PC.
You will have to copy to folders (on Windows) from the %AppData% directory: ftblauncher and .ftb (if you've used the default installation).
You should also make sure you use the same launcher versions both on your laptop and on the PC.

ChocolateCharlie

Jul 29, 2019
A-O-K! I have the new launcher on the laptop, but can't remember i it's the same on my PC.. probably not.. In case it's not the same launcher, can't i just take the new (ftb.exe) from the laptop and move it to the PC, and delete the old launcher before i copy the folders to the laocations nedded in order to make it work as it should ?

.Sullivan.

Jul 29, 2019
Like GuildMaster said, if you launch to download a modpack with internet on your laptop, go home and move the ftb.exe over and run it. Now ensure the file location is somewhere you can get at ex: users>documents>ftbmods>NewWorldModPack then place whatever mods that you downloaded with your laptop in the FTBMODS folder and you will be able to run them.

Status
Not open for further replies.