How to update D20 Server

Vegar V

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

Im running DW20 1.5 1.0.0 server and want to update it to the newest version. How can I check the servers current version and where do I check for updates? I downloaded the server file directly from the FTB homepage and overwrite the current files.. but that failed horribly. Yes Im a noob :)

cjm721

Jul 29, 2019
I would just download all the mods/coremods/configs and reupload them, but before doing that go read what slowpoke said in FTB news.

Vegar V

Jul 29, 2019
Ah thanks! Seems like we need to do a world reset also. But I`m still a bit confused on how to keep the mods and the DW20 modpack updated. Not sure where to check to see what version I have and such :=)

cjm721

Jul 29, 2019
The modpack is just a collection of mods. You could just go to all their forum pages and download from there. As to what version they are on there is usually a Google doc with every pack that shows their numbers, or just download it client and looks.

Vegar V

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I understand it`s just a collection of mods but the modpack itself also can be updated (If I have understood it correctly). My server is running DW20 1.5 V 1.0.0 . Iknow there is a newer version but thats has the problems that was mentioned in the news. SO what are the difference on these? Do I realy see any difference by updating or should I just stick with V 1.0.0

cjm721

Jul 29, 2019
If you look at the bug reports in the Support section of the forums you can see what was fixed and there is also a mod pack change log to see what in the mods was added/removed. As for what is going on with the incorrect item ids I would use the fix now so you don't have to change something latter after you have built up more.