How to stop golden pipes exploding?

Ferdinand Winters

Jul 29, 2019
Hey I'm using a redstone energy cube with some golden pipes and when it's connected to them it constantly outputs even when no machines are running. Is there a way to make it run more like IC2 cables? Or do I need to swap to redstone energy conduits?

cynric

Jul 29, 2019
Hey I'm using a redstone energy cube with some golden pipes and when it's connected to them it constantly outputs even when no machines are running. Is there a way to make it run more like IC2 cables? Or do I need to swap to redstone energy conduits?

Conduits would help or you might be able to create a solution using gates (only activating the redstone cell when the energy has a way to go, i.e. a machine needs power).

Reactions: Whovian

Bluehorazon

Jul 29, 2019
Well Goldenpipes take 256 MJ/t. And they cant explode. So something next to them might have exploded. Although I'm not sure what happens if a golden pipe transmit into a lower pipe, but it should not explode.

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
Well Goldenpipes take 256 MJ/t. And they cant explode. So something next to them might have exploded. Although I'm not sure what happens if a golden pipe transmit into a lower pipe, but it should not explode.
Technical note, this actually can depend on if the pack in question is a more recent BuildCraft build or not. The conductive pipe changes are a more recent thing, and prior to that you could readily get pipe explosions if you had excess energy in the system or any loops going on. I habitually use energy conduit because of it doing this, although of course in more recent versions this is no longer required to safeguard against as overloading the conduit will give you a red line just to let you know it is throttled.

Ferdinand, which pack and version are you on? That can better help us determine a solution for you. =)

Reactions: Whovian