How to spawn a Legend Oak Tree?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Phantom27

Jul 29, 2019
Can these things be found in the Overworld? I've never seen one. I've only ever encountered them in mystcraft ages (specifically forest biomes I think).

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Can these things be found in the Overworld? I've never seen one. I've only ever encountered them in mystcraft ages (specifically forest biomes I think).
I tend to find them fairly regularly but I also regularly travel ~8000m from home.

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
I found one roughly 100 blocks from Spawn, and haven't seen one since. I seem it and had no idea wtf kind of tree grew so big, and cut it down looking for saplings to move it somewhere to make a base from it. Of course my results weren't positive...

It would be nice to be able to spawn them, or even better get saplings, and perhaps place them in a 3x3
Or something to grow one, a bit like jungle tree mechanics.

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
I found one by were I spawned and thinking it was a RP2 rubber tree I burnt it down for my magical room

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
RP2 rubber wood has amazing aspects btw, not sure if that's what you meant or you just meant they weren't uncommon.

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
no it was the first one I ever saw and they look a lot like the rubber trees so I simply mistaked one for it

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
RP2 rubber wood has amazing aspects btw, not sure if that's what you meant or you just meant they weren't uncommon.
But... don't all rubber wood trees have the same aspects? I know that MFR Rubber Wood has the Motion aspect, which is pretty sweet, as it's a somewhat decent source of it that stacks up to 64, and it's really easy to automate farming of MFR Rubber Wood trees with MFR. Well, I guess all auto-farming is really easy with MFR for that matter.

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
Do they? I never thought about that. I presume that's the ore dict doing that.
I never noticed any of the others as I tend not to cut down IC2 rubber trees, and only use the MFR ones as a quick source of jungle planks.

I bet they all have the same aspects, as it was Motus that I meant, I seem my building partner with some in the table and noticed the elusive motion. "No more trapdoors!"

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
I think so I know the rp2 rubber trees and the ic2 rubber tree woods can be put into an extractor for 1 piece of rubber haven't tried the mfr ones but I would assume it works

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
Yup, they all seem to be ore-dictionary'd.
Don't know how then the log from RP can only make sticks responds to the ore-dict however. I suspect it's not used and the item itself is.

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
Yup, they all seem to be ore-dictionary'd.
Don't know how then the log from RP can only make sticks responds to the ore-dict however. I suspect it's not used and the item itself is.
I don't know either but their great for making a lot of fences in no time :D

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
They give no more sticks than the same amount of oak logs converted to planks to sticks would.
1 RP rubber log = 8 sticks
1 Oak log = 4 planks
4 planks = 8 sticks.

So there is no advantage to using this for sticks over oak etc other than its easy to get a lot of. Difficult to farm however.