1. Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

How to programmatically get list of mods contained in pack?

Discussion in 'General FTB chat' started by gunnarniels, Oct 11, 2019.

1. gunnarniels

gunnarniels New Member

Hello, I'm trying to determine how to programmatically get a list of the mods contained in a given FTB pack. For example, I unzipped FTBAcademy, and I see a manifest.json file containing a list of project/file IDs, that I assume are curseforge project IDs.

Is it possible to query *something* with these IDs to get more metadata about a particular mod? Alternatively, is there something else contained in the zip that would indicate what mods are inside?

Separately, a lot of the packs are versioned with what looks like a matching minecraft version, ex: 1.12.2. We're on 1.14.4 currently, and it looks like almost none of the packs aside from the bleeding edge pack are compatible with latest. Does this mean if you want to run a pack, you'll need to run a server and a client that matches the pack's version exactly?

2. SevenMass

SevenMass Well-Known Member

This is not a direct answer to your question but, but...

If the modpack is published on curse, you can find out what mods are in a pack by going to the download page of the modpacks zip* file of a specific version and scrolling down to where it says "Related Projects."

In the case of FTBAcademy for version 1.1.0-1 that would be this page. Just scroll down and there is your list of mods.