How to power my base? DW20 1.7

AttackOfTheCreepers

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm playing the Direwolf20 1.7 pack and I'm a bit bored of doing the same thing over and over (pumping lava from the nether) and looking to do something different.

I'm still very much early game but ready to stop using coal in a generator.

Anyone have any ideas how to power my base? I was thinking a tree farm but I'm a noob and have no idea how to do these things so a link to a video tutorial would be useful.

Many Thanks!

adamich

Jul 29, 2019
tree farm = charcoal... as always. wood to coal, coal to generator, energy to energy cells and some energy to furnace that making charcoal from wood and some energy to tree farm machine/machines
wheat farm = seed oil. wheat to oil, oil to generator, and as above.
wheat farm = bread. wheat to bread, bread to furnance, toast to generator
If U has Extra utils try upgraded versions of generators

triblades

Jul 29, 2019
Steve's carts 2 to make a tree farm. Remember that the woodcutters on these carts have durability early-/mid-game. I find a minecart track really in the spirit of MC. :cool:
This in combination with Railcraft's Steam Oven + (Low Pressure) Solid fuel Steam boiler is fantastic! :D

From a DW20 video season 5 a Steve's Carts video:
Also from a DW20 series a Steam Boiler video:
Please do note that he uses a High Pressure boiler. I would recommend a LP boiler for beginners sake, plus that's it's said (search the forum!) to be more efficient.
Both vids are older then 1.7, but the workings remain mostly the same.

For a treefarm using Ender IO, by Direwolf20:

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Pump some oil and refine it to fuel. Fuel works with many generator types and wells never seem to dry up.

AttackOfTheCreepers

Jul 29, 2019
I've decided to go down the tree road, I've set up a Steve's cart tree farm (with a pain in the bum to make unbreakable cutter). Next I'll be turning the wood into charcoal etc

yotus

Jul 29, 2019
EnderIO rocket fuel ? Might need a creeper spawner to get enough gunpowder, though..

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Early game. A minimum size Big Reactor. Just power it on long enough for it to build up energy in its buffer, or when needed. If you want it on all the time adjust the fuel rod so it is putting out just enough power.

A 3*3 with one fuel rod should be enough.