How to place Industrial Steam Engines on HP Boiler?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

MortalDanger

Jul 29, 2019
I can't remember how to do it...

Trying to get Industrial steam engines attached to High Pressure Boilers. I think I remember having to knock a block of the HP Boiler off to place them, but surely there's a better way.

A little help?

Fuzzlewhumper

Jul 29, 2019
Nope. You place your firebox down (3x3), then if you want max size boiler, 4 more 3x3 levels of lp or hp boilers.
Then you run waterproof pipe to your steam engines (or liquiducts). Attach the pipe to the boilers, not the firebox.

Larroke

Jul 29, 2019
you can also place the engines directly against the boiler and eliminate the need for the pipes. Just shift click them onto the containment components (I haven't tried the firebox at the lowest levels yet). I place them at the corners and face them towards the outside corners so I can use one line of conduits to connect 8 engines and run a red allow wire up the boiler (again shift click) with a torch at the center top block to power all the engines for that boiler.

Reactions: AliveGhost

TangentialThreat

Jul 29, 2019
Torches on the empty areas or nearby towers.

PowerConverters is also an awesome mod. Steam consumer + 8 liquiducts on the boiler, energy bridge, BC producer. This is cheaper and much more compact.

Larroke

Jul 29, 2019
Shift (or whatever your stealth key is configured to) bypasses the open gui methods and if it is permitted will place a block against the targeted block. Its excessively useful in tight configurations.

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
Alternatively, if space is an issue in your boiler room, you can use tesseracts as long-distance steam carriers. Like so:

TUAUVoh.png
Personally, I think these gaudy engines clash with my luscious boilers, so I keep them in a closet where they can power my quarry and dusty MJ machines.

MortalDanger

Jul 29, 2019
Alternatively, if space is an issue in your boiler room, you can use tesseracts as long-distance steam carriers. Like so:

TUAUVoh.png
Personally, I think these gaudy engines clash with my luscious boilers, so I keep them in a closet where they can power my quarry and dusty MJ machines.

What kind of engines is the conduit hooked to? And what's ontop of the engines connecting to the tesseracts?

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
What kind of engines is the conduit hooked to? And what's ontop of the engines connecting to the tesseracts?

The engines in this picture are industrial steam engines, and the yellow connectors on top of them are liquiducts filled with steam.

Mash

Jul 29, 2019
I highly advise using liquiducts. They are amazing for transporting liquids.