How to make blocks not be able to be placed in single-player?

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
So, I thought of a modpack that would involve being unable to place blocks in certain areas, but how do I do this without server antigrief? In other words, how do I make it work in single-player?

Dylz101

Jul 29, 2019
It's possible to do it without mods, using the /setblock command. Just do /setblock x y z minecraft:air

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
It's possible to do it without mods, using the /setblock command. Just do /setblock x y z minecraft:air
Alright... But my pack involves placing any block below a certain height level not working. Besides, I don't want people to lose their blocks!

EDIT: I also don't want to have command blocks out in the open.

adamich

Jul 29, 2019
)
protection zones:
Pneumatic Craft - guarding station
RFTools has some equivalent, but I dont think it will eork likr U need.

Brenn_

Jul 29, 2019
Would they be allowed to place blocks in those areas?

If not, use a command block setup to change them into adventure mode when they enter the area, and back into survival when they leave. (And perhaps minetweak torches to give them a CanPlaceOn tag)

If you want the command blocks to be hidden, just hide them in a wall in the spawn chunks--after all, if they're hidden in a wall, players shouldn't be able to break blocks to get to it.

If there isn't a preset map, you could always try using a structure generator to put the command blocks (+ a chunk loader) in a small bedrock box several thousand blocks away from spawn.

Disclaimer: I'm not great at redstone/command blocks, but from what I understand of them, the above should be possible.

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
Would they be allowed to place blocks in those areas?

If not, use a command block setup to change them into adventure mode when they enter the area, and back into survival when they leave. (And perhaps minetweak torches to give them a CanPlaceOn tag)

If you want the command blocks to be hidden, just hide them in a wall in the spawn chunks--after all, if they're hidden in a wall, players shouldn't be able to break blocks to get to it.

If there isn't a preset map, you could always try using a structure generator to put the command blocks (+ a chunk loader) in a small bedrock box several thousand blocks away from spawn.

Disclaimer: I'm not great at redstone/command blocks, but from what I understand of them, the above should be possible.
I want them to be able to break blocks...

adamich

Jul 29, 2019
openperipheral has block to connect to user interface... may be try join it with CC command computer?

Fortanono

Aug 25, 2015
Not working on this mod anyways, but all help is appreciated. Just don't want people getting into ComputerCraft in a magic pack. :p

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
Anti-builder block from Twilight Forest, protected with a ward from a wand of warding from thaumcraft.

You'd need to have them every few blocks, I think 32 blocks apart for full coverage.

Reactions: Fortanono