How to make a moving base in FTB Monster

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Shindoras

Jul 29, 2019
Hi fellow minecrafters,

im currently playing with the idea on making a floating island which i could move in any direction i want.
Though im using Monster im unsure on how to do this and now i am looking for info on how this could possible and ideas on how you would solve this.
I thought of qCraft but im unsure if it would be possible to move a huge structure all chests and machines etc. As far as i know there are no frames in Monster so how could i do it.
If there are any extra mods needed to make this work feel free to post them maybe ill add them.

Hope you can help me!

TurnedSlayer

Jul 29, 2019
Redstone in motion has frames like from redpower2 and they can be controlled with computercraft so they're able to be made pretty complicated

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
Archimedes Ships is also a possibility, but there is a max size & it has to be 40% balloons to fly (I think both these values can be adjusted in the configs). Just know that some things don't like to be moved & most things won't rotate when your platform does (a machine facing east will still face east even after you turn the ship from east to north. Also you have to fly the ship & nothing will work during flight.

Reactions: jokermatt999