How To Increase FTB Infinity Performances?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

VskDude4Life

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Guys! I am new to FTB stuffs n things :) I Got Interested In FTB Modpacks From Youtubers and I Downloaded FTB Infinity and Started and Played it.It Works Fine but it lags From sometime to time.At the start it was OK but When I played for like 20 mins and went underground It stucks every 7-10 seconds.Please How Can I stop this? I even Turned My Graphics Down to Fancy and Set Switchable graphics to High performances In MY GPU Control center

My RAM- 4GB (I used 2.25GB in FTB Launcher Option Menu)
CPU-Intel Core i7 2.2GHz
GPU-AMD raedon HD7670M

SaintLucifer

Jul 29, 2019
Make sure your Ram is at 4gb only. Also getting Optifine, and turning Fast Math on the video settings can help quite a bit.(Just remember that FTB will not offer support in case you start using it)

VskDude4Life

Jul 29, 2019
yeah But Optifine gonna Break that right? cuz It doesn't work good with Lots of Mods and what is Fast Maths?

mathchamp

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Guys! I am new to FTB stuffs n things :) I Got Interested In FTB Modpacks From Youtubers and I Downloaded FTB Infinity and Started and Played it.It Works Fine but it lags From sometime to time.At the start it was OK but When I played for like 20 mins and went underground It stucks every 7-10 seconds.Please How Can I stop this? I even Turned My Graphics Down to Fancy and Set Switchable graphics to High performances In MY GPU Control center

My RAM- 4GB (I used 2.25GB in FTB Launcher Option Menu)
CPU-Intel Core i7 2.2GHz
GPU-AMD raedon HD7670M

I have 8 GB of RAM and I struggle (if I allocate more than about 3.5 GB then Windows will start using the swap file despite the fact that I should have enough to not need it). Running Infinity with 4 GB of RAM is going to be tough.

I'd also change the garbage collector from the default, else you will start lag-spiking constantly after only a few minutes.

monzilla

Jul 29, 2019
I found that tweaking with the journey map and unchecking some things can increase FPS greatly.

VskDude4Life

Jul 29, 2019
I have 8 GB of RAM and I struggle (if I allocate more than about 3.5 GB then Windows will start using the swap file despite the fact that I should have enough to not need it). Running Infinity with 4 GB of RAM is going to be tough.

I'd also change the garbage collector from the default, else you will start lag-spiking constantly after only a few minutes.

Where can I change the Garbage Collector To default??

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Where can I change the Garbage Collector To default??

Java arguments...theres a section of the launcher where you type them in. My suggestion is to remove some mods and start a new world. Biomes o Plenty is especially laggy for me, not using it makes huge difference.

Reactions: Padfoote