How to get Titanium - InfiTech2 (v3.2.21) / Gregtech5

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
H

headsh0t_harry

Dear all,

Apologies for posting a question that will probably have the answer "use NEI you donut!!" but I'm really struggling to pin-point down how to make Titanium within the Infitech 2 mod pack. I've seen many different videos, and attempted to scroll my way through NEI, but I guess i'm just being rather dumb as I can't nail down the process for the resultant Titanium Ingot.

As mentioned, we're using Infitech 2 (v3.2.21) which is based on Gregtech v5 I think.

Appreciate any of you kind fold helping me out.

Thanks,

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
There's a very friendly thread dedicated to Infitech here. You'll get good answers there.

From memory though, for titanium you need to process rutile. Also, the EBF will cook a hot ingot which needs to be put into a vacuum freezer to get the normal one.

Reactions: headsh0t_harry
H

headsh0t_harry

Thank you - I have 1 piece of Rutile so far (testing etc) - any quick steps on how I process that into Titanium? Will start hunting through the Infitech 2 threat as well. Thanks again for stepping in...

H

headsh0t_harry

There's a very friendly thread dedicated to Infitech here. You'll get good answers there.

From memory though, for titanium you need to process rutile. Also, the EBF will cook a hot ingot which needs to be put into a vacuum freezer to get the normal one.

ahhhhhhh:

• The Process
    • Combine 1 rutile dust, 3 carbon dust, and 2000mB of chlorine in the HV chemical reactor
    • Put the resulting titaniumtetrachloride in the EBF along with 2 magnesium dust
    • Get 1 titanium ingot and 2 magnesium chloride dust
You can then reprocess the magnesium chloride dust to get 75% of the magnesium and chlorine back at the cost of a sodium dust, so all together the process costs 1 sodium dust, 2 carbon dust, 1 rutile dust, 0.5 magnesium dust, and 500mB chlorine per titanium ingot.

Gonna give this a go..... thank you for the pointer :)

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
ahhhhhhh:

• The Process
    • Combine 1 rutile dust, 3 carbon dust, and 2000mB of chlorine in the HV chemical reactor
    • Put the resulting titaniumtetrachloride in the EBF along with 2 magnesium dust
    • Get 1 titanium ingot and 2 magnesium chloride dust
You can then reprocess the magnesium chloride dust to get 75% of the magnesium and chlorine back at the cost of a sodium dust, so all together the process costs 1 sodium dust, 2 carbon dust, 1 rutile dust, 0.5 magnesium dust, and 500mB chlorine per titanium ingot.

Gonna give this a go..... thank you for the pointer :)
I do love that this is basically how it's done in real life - it pleases the chemistry nerd in me :D I feel like I should give InfiTech2 a go...

Reactions: headsh0t_harry

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
I do love that this is basically how it's done in real life - it pleases the chemistry nerd in me :D I feel like I should give InfiTech2 a go...

It's a fantastic pack - I've played through three or four worlds and never come close to finishing everything that's possible. If you've no experience with GregTech though, you might want to look at a few let's plays. Otherwise, the only other thing to note is that Thaumcraft is also very important but lots, if not most, recipes have been heavily modified to fit in.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Hell, I helped put it together and even *I* haven't finished everything (never reached top tier GT or TC stuff)
What makes it so hard to get to? Does it require stupid amounts of hard to get/make materials?

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
For all packs, even vanilla, I always find it difficult to scale up after a certain point. I like automating things, but find that once I've done it, all I do is end up watching inputs and outputs :(

What's good about GT in general, for me, is that the earlier 'ages', where automation is hard, last a long time and there's a slow build up. Infitech stretches that out a lot, lot further.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
What makes it so hard to get to? Does it require stupid amounts of hard to get/make materials?
In a "good" gregtech pack, there's going to be times when you run into this scenario:
1) Ok, I need titanium. How do I make that?
2) Alright, its just a freezer recipe...
3) Which requires hot ingots from a Blast furnace...
4) Which needs dust from a (very high tier) chemical reactor...
5) and fluid from another chemical reactor...
6) which need electrolyzers for both...
7) ...fuck it I'm playing angry birds.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
In a "good" gregtech pack, there's going to be times when you run into this scenario:
1) Ok, I need titanium. How do I make that?
2) Alright, its just a freezer recipe...
3) Which requires hot ingots from a Blast furnace...
4) Which needs dust from a (very high tier) chemical reactor...
5) and fluid from another chemical reactor...
6) which need electrolyzers for both...
7) ...fuck it I'm playing angry birds.
Blimey what happens in a "bad" GregTech pack?!