Problem How to get Lava

S

SteveNoobGeek

I've searched for obsidian for making the shock absorber and I can't craft lava, magma block, obsidian, blaze rods and powders, if someone has found something...

S

SteveNoobGeek

I've found a solution : you need to use the lava factory controller from Actually Additions

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Another way is to use the IC2 recycler and hope for either ...

1. Netherrack - which can be duped in the res gen, and then make a magma crucible.
2. Pumpkin - make a fel pumpkin to spawn a blaze that always drops 10 blaze powder.
3. Blaze rod.

S

SteveNoobGeek

And how did you get the 2 nether bricks for making the magma crucible ?

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Oh not long - I just set it up in the background to auto-craft scrapboxes and did other things.

You mainly get crappy wooden tools, but all you need is either one pumpkin, one blaze rod or one netherrack.

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
I used the Drying Basin, I think it was, to convert the one bucket of lava to netherrack (or maybe magma cream, then netherrack, I can't remember for sure). Then, ResGen the netherrack, and use either a squeezer or magma crucible to convert it back to lava.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
I used the Drying Basin, I think it was, to convert the one bucket of lava to netherrack (or maybe magma cream, then netherrack, I can't remember for sure). Then, ResGen the netherrack, and use either a squeezer or magma crucible to convert it back to lava.

As far as I can tell, only works with a magma block (4 magma creams) which I suppose you can get from a nether mob farm. Nice.

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
As far as I can tell, only works with a magma block (4 magma creams) which I suppose you can get from a nether mob farm. Nice.

Check your NEI.
You can use the Mechanical Drying Basin to convert 1 bucket of lava to a Magma Block.
Then use the same Mechanical Drying Basin to convert back to Netherrack.
https://imgur.com/a/TzOZd

I don't remember if this works with the regular Drying Basin. It might have required the Mechanical one.

Reactions: SolManX

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Check your NEI.
You can use the Mechanical Drying Basin to convert 1 bucket of lava to a Magma Block.
Then use the same Mechanical Drying Basin to convert back to Netherrack.
https://imgur.com/a/TzOZd

I don't remember if this works with the regular Drying Basin. It might have required the Mechanical one.

Nice one - that definitely beats doing the recycler.

H

Havok0283

I killed a magma cream when I went into the nether to kill pigman to get gold. I used a Centrifugal Separator to get blaze dust and slime. Used the resource generator to get more blaze dust, then used the blaze dust in the squeezer from Integrated Dynamics to get lava. Made two buckets of lava and crafted that with two buckets of water to get one obsidian, then popped the obsidian into the resource generator to get as much as I needed.

Reactions: Pyure and SolManX

Sempiternity87

Jul 29, 2019
I think I put the one lava in a fluid transposer, then ran that lava over Brick (from clay in a furnace) to make individual Nether Brick (250mb of lava each). From there, make the Nether Bricks, and ResGen to make a Magma Crucible.

Reactions: SolManX

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
I think I put the one lava in a fluid transposer, then ran that lava over Brick (from clay in a furnace) to make individual Nether Brick (250mb of lava each). From there, make the Nether Bricks, and ResGen to make a Magma Crucible.

Man, so many ways I didn't know :)

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I do like the fact that there's more than one way to get this done, so people are free to use their imaginations a bit!

Reactions: Pyure
K

kiran

It mostly depends on where are you in quests/challenges.
If you have access to Glowstone dust already I recommend to pour Redstone on it with a fluid transposer and use a mechanical squeezer to make the blaze powder into lava.
You need :
4x glowstone
8x redstone
for a bucket of lava.

Or go the hard way and make a Lava Fabricator which will produce a bucket of lava for 200.000 Rf. :D
Or if you need immediately and you only have a Magma Crucible and some obsidian you can make 1 bucket of lava with it from 1 obsidian and 300.000 Rf

But I use the Glowstone method instead. :D

Sempiternity87

Jul 29, 2019
It mostly depends on where are you in quests/challenges.
If you have access to Glowstone dust already I recommend to pour Redstone on it with a fluid transposer and use a mechanical squeezer to make the blaze powder into lava.
You need :
4x glowstone
8x redstone
for a bucket of lava.

Or go the hard way and make a Lava Fabricator which will produce a bucket of lava for 200.000 Rf. :D
Or if you need immediately and you only have a Magma Crucible and some obsidian you can make 1 bucket of lava with it from 1 obsidian and 300.000 Rf

But I use the Glowstone method instead. :D

I was about to pose the question of how you would make more lava if you used the one lava bucket to make a cobblestone generator (machine). Looks like you beat me to it.

Reactions: kiran