How to get fuel into combustion engines?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
I was wondering how to get fuel into them. I have it set up to get unlimited water, but I want to transfer fuel right from tanks into the engines. Any ideas?

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
Here is my basic setup. The bottom pipes are transferring water, and I want the oil tanks to transfer fuel. Its not putting the oil in the engines though.

Attachments

• 2014-08-19_19.18.15.png
    2014-08-19_19.18.15.png
    687.9 KB · Views: 94

Kirameki

Jul 29, 2019
You may need to do one or both of two options:
1. Place the conduits on the underside of the oil tanks, not the sides.
2. Set the conduits to extract mode - rightclick the actual connection with a wrench to change the arrow to point away from the tank. Then add a pneumatic servo to make it configurable, and rightclick with an empty hand to configure it to not require a redstone signal.

Reactions: sqitchy

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
2. Set the conduits to extract mode - rightclick the actual connection with a wrench to change the arrow to point away from the tank. Then add a pneumatic servo to make it configurable, and rightclick with an empty hand to configure it to not require a redstone signal.

Just by looking at the pic (looks like a texture pack too) it's this.
None of your conduits are in extract mode, and barrels/tanks won't automatically pump out.

*EDIT*
If you are low on resources or don't want to make pnumatic servos, right click with a wrench to show a red arrow pointing out, then place a level next to them, flip the lever and it will start pumping.

sqitchy

Jul 29, 2019
I now realize that dinky setup was pointless. The problem was I wasn't thinking, and I took the picture in creative based on my real setup in survival.

I have a fuel room full of tanks, and wanted the tanks to transfer fuel to more tanks above my TE machines. That whole idea was dumb, and I realized I should just run pipes from the main tanks straight to the machines without the 2nd stack of tanks.

In my main fuel room I now have emerald fluid pipes with combustion engines under them successfully transferring fuel to my machines.

Now all I have to do if the engines run out of fuel is go to the main fuel room, hit the lever, and let it pump for a few seconds. That's all it takes to completely fill all the engines ^-^

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    489.3 KB · Views: 81
  • 2.png
    2.png
    731.9 KB · Views: 78
  • 3.png
    3.png
    726.4 KB · Views: 79