How to edit startup programs after they are running?

Bernfust

Jul 29, 2019
I am trying to edit a startup program that is already running in a turtle. Is there a way to get the program to stop running, and edit it, because everytime I use ctrl + S, T, or R, it just starts running again when i right click on it. Thank you.

Mikey_R

Jul 29, 2019
You should be able to hold CTRL+T to stop the program from running then you just edit it.

thesonofdarwin

Jul 29, 2019
Are you holding it long enough? It takes a few seconds. Unless you've another computer controlling it that is forcing a reboot Ctrl + t should terminate everything, including startup.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
When all else fails (such as you make a startup program that runs os.reboot() faster than the two seconds it takes to activate the termination command) you can attach a disk drive to the system. Use another computer to add a startup file to a disk with print("Fixed!"), and then put that disk in the disk drive next to the computer that is rebooting itself unto infinity.

The computer will prioritize the disk over the internal startup file, so it will break the chain. Just remember to fix the startup file on the computer, and remove the disk, and you are good to go.