How to drain liquid DNA from iron tank?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
I want to upgrade my game client but I've read all my liquids in tanks will disappear (again) due to changes in Forge, so I've been emptying my tanks into beeswax capsules (I have over 120k beeswax, might as well use it for something)

Those capsules won't take liquid DNA (or cells or cans (maybe buckets/haven't tried)). I'm trying to stuff it into magic wax capsules (the only container that seems capable of holding it).

Liquid transposers don't work. Squeezers don't work. The only way I can see is to throw stacks of capsules into the tank interface, but as it's a 6.2 million capacity tank that would take FOREVER to do manually and I can't find a way to automate loading and unloading the capsules from the tank directly.

Anybody have any suggestions?

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, though I have no knowledge of how DNA works, try checking NEI to see if you can find "buckets of DNA" or any other containers.

Or you can put those liquids into a Xycraft tank, use an i/o block along with any type of automation you'd like and go from there.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
ive not done anything with DNA.

But if you can click on the tank and fill a capule yourslef you might be abled to get a turtle to do it.

Reactions: namiasdf

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
You'd be able to pump it into a liquid transposer and fill up the capsules automatically I would think

if magic capsules work with it....?

EDIT: Derp, nevermind you've already tried it

Well perhaps you can let the DNA go with a new world and start fresh?
Because you don't ever use a lot of DNA all at once so it won't take much to set-up a system again

Norfgarb

Jul 29, 2019
NEI would be the fastest way to find out what containers can hold liquid DNA
if it doesn't appear in NEI i.e. liquid DNA capsules etc you can't use that container.

after that it shouldn't be to hard to find a way to fill those containers, e.g place a stack in tank, use liquid transposer (assuming the DNA will go into it) or turtles etc.

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
I'll give the xycraft tanks a try, I haven't really used them much. If not that, turtles or deployers maybe, but those may be long shots.

As for letting go, it's 6.272M buckets!! That's a LOT of drones lol. I HATE wasting resources unless there's no other choice. I already lost several large tanks of liquid dye doing the 1.4.5 to 1.4.7 upgrade because they changed it to "molten" dye. What a waste of time that was.[DOUBLEPOST=1374638185][/DOUBLEPOST]
NEI would be the fastest way to find out what containers can hold liquid DNA
if it doesn't appear in NEI i.e. liquid DNA capsules etc you can't use that container.

after that it shouldn't be to hard to find a way to fill those containers, e.g place a stack in tank, use liquid transposer (assuming the DNA will go into it) or turtles etc.

Liquid DNA only goes in magic wax capsules or void capsules. Liquid transposer will take the liquid DNA but not fill any of those containers.

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
Normally i wouldn't advocate cheating in any way, but, wouldn't it then be easier to spawn in an appropriate amount of Liquid DNA when the change occurs? You know... Write down the amount, then spawn in enough capsules to get to that, then delete the capsules from the world.

If you're in a server and that's not possible, then try inventory upgrade turtles. They can handle nearly everything.

Reactions: SpitefulFox

Norfgarb

Jul 29, 2019
if you use xycraft tanks you could easily use the xyxraft i/o tank piece (can't remember what it's called) to pump capsules in and out with pipes[DOUBLEPOST=1374639076][/DOUBLEPOST]
Normally i wouldn't advocate cheating in any way, but, wouldn't it then be easier to spawn in an appropriate amount of Liquid DNA when the change occurs? You know... Write down the amount, then spawn in enough capsules to get to that, then delete the capsules from the world.

If you're in a server and that's not possible, then try inventory upgrade turtles. They can handle nearly everything.

That's an option, but if it were me I'd be tempted to rise to the challenge none-the-less.
Though if there is no other way at least you can fall back on that if you absolutely must not lose all that DNA

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
Can't you just pump it into buildcraft tanks or will that lose it too?

well since the liquids are changing in 1.6 yes that will lose it too but the capsules are a different entity and not a liquid entity so they remain untouched.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
As far as I understand it (based on some info in a DW20 server play with KingLemming), the whole way cells/capsules will be handled is also changing, so that any liquid at all can be stored in any cell/capsule without lots of individual items/textures for each possible variation. Mods then just have to say if a specific liquid can't be put in capsules.
Haven't a clue what effect that has on existing capsules, but I can also imagine that it invalidates those capsules due to change of IDs. Your efforts might be in vain to try and save your liquids.

mushroom taco

Jul 29, 2019
Plugins for Forestry has liquid roundup, which basically allows most all liquids into capsules/cans.
Liquid DNA is included with this.