How to disable enemy spawn in Direwolf20 1.6.4?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dreossk

Jul 29, 2019
In our previous 1.6.4 server with many mods we could disable an enemy spawner by putting torches all around to prevent darkness but it doesn't work in Direwolf20 1.6.4, how can we do it now?

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Umm. What kind of MoB spawner are we talking about? I've got a few spawners in my single player map that don't spawn when lit up sooo, I'm not sure what is happening for you.

The blaze spawners for example take a LOT of light to shut them down.

Anyone else having this issue?

Dreossk

Jul 29, 2019
Vanilla blaze spawner in the nether exactly. In our previous server we could juste put torches on each side and it would stop.

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
Vanilla blaze spawner in the nether exactly. In our previous server we could juste put torches on each side and it would stop.

The issue is probably that the walls around the spawner are obstructing the light from the torches. Just spread out the light better. If it doesnt make sense, look into the mob spawning figures for regular vanilla mc. If things still dont make sense post pictures as this may make the lighting issues obvious.

Dreossk

Jul 29, 2019
They don't spawn outside, they spawn directly near the lights :/ Anyway, I changed the room and I don't need it anymore. Thanks.

Reactions: kaovalin

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
You need to remember that to prevent blazes from spawning you will need light level 12(covering the entire spawning area) compared to light level 7 for other mobs like skeletons and zombies.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
You need to remember that to prevent blazes from spawning you will need light level 12(covering the entire spawning area) compared to light level 7 for other mobs like skeletons and zombies.

No wonder the darn things are so hard to stop..

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
No wonder the darn things are so hard to stop..
Heh yeah. If you want to keep the spawner but need to change the room its in etc. the best strategy is probably to run in there with a Diamond dolly and just grab it before it can spawn off too many. Then you can keep it in a chest or something till you are ready to put it back up again.