How to create TE style configurable output side machines

PneumaticTrainz

Jul 29, 2019
I want to know how to create configurable output side machines (in mods) for an addon for my friend AwesGamer. Ideally, it would be an upgrade of the macerator and induction furnace from IndustrialCraft which can output to any side allowing for compact factories (like one which can fit in his basement). I like the Thermal Expansion machines, but they are not fast enough for me and I have the specific types of copper and tin from IndustrialCraft2 and want to store it all in one barrel. So does anyone know how?

INCSlayer

Nov 17, 2012
i think your best bet is to contact King Lemming the guy behind Thermal Expansion im not sure but i think that the configurable sides thing is a api thing he made that he simply hooks into with his machines into and he might be willing to share if you ask him but im not sure still if anyone knows its him

PneumaticTrainz

Jul 29, 2019
The GregTech machines are slow and use way too much power. Anyway, the induction furnace isn't added by gregtech and this (suggested by Chris from AwesGamer's videos) was supposed to run without GregTech after the GregTech - Tinker's Construct incompatibility.

CrissHill

Jul 29, 2019
The GregTech machines are slow and use way too much power. Anyway, the induction furnace isn't added by gregtech and this (suggested by Chris from AwesGamer's videos) was supposed to run without GregTech after the GregTech - Tinker's Construct incompatibility.

GT machines are faster than induction furnace after you upgrade it though. But i'm sure a mod like you describe might be useful for some people.

Btw. There is no GT - Tinker's Construct incompatibility

INCSlayer

Nov 17, 2012
1. Learn Java.
2. Write a mod.
3. After steps 1 and 2, it's blindingly obvious. There is no shortcut.

Words from the King Himself which i assume mean your back from your vacation and can finally get back to the important things like idling in IRC :p

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
all it takes is to not hardcode the getStartInventorySide and getSizeInventorySide but let it depend on the configuration

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
Is anyone reminded of the end scene of Robin Hood (Disney version) when King Richard returns from the crusades? Where exactly did you go on holiday King Lemming? (Obviously, you don't have to answer that :)).

In the meantime, for the OP, Chickenbones has a neat mod called translocators. It auto pulls and pushes and doesn't overflow, but it takes one block. Not quite the same as Thermal expansion machines but they are very good at automating a lot of different machines. Besides, if you automate them, TE machines are pretty happy to go along by themselves. Parallelisation will also help. And of course, if you want to do it yourself and learn java then more power to you. I am starting too!

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
I'd settle for a method of speeding up TE machines. But TBH I think TE machines slowness counter balances well against IC2.
If you want extra materials with a cheap start up cost you have to bear a slow process time and have to tangle with MJ's.
If you don't care about the extra byproducts and need your ore doubled now you cop the hefty start up cost and go Ic2.

Then again we are talking sans Gregtech, Ic2 might become the start up tech again. I keep forgetting there was time where you didn't need diamonds for a macerator.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I'd settle for a method of speeding up TE machines. But TBH I think TE machines slowness counter balances well against IC2.
If you want extra materials with a cheap start up cost you have to bear a slow process time and have to tangle with MJ's.
If you don't care about the extra byproducts and need your ore doubled now you cop the hefty start up cost and go Ic2.

Then again we are talking sans Gregtech, Ic2 might become the start up tech again. I keep forgetting there was time where you didn't need diamonds for a macerator.

the nice thing with TE is, though it may be slow, it's incredibly useful to just create a whole bunch of those machines and run them simultaneously
fight speed with quantity

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
TE's chance for extra goodies beats macerators all day long, and since it goes faster with more power it just makes it more awesome. If you really want early ore-doubling, AE's Grind Stone has you covered.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
TE's chance for extra goodies beats macerators all day long, and since it goes faster with more power it just makes it more awesome. If you really want early ore-doubling, AE's Grind Stone has you covered.
Untill of course you automate an industrial grinder. Sure you mess with piles but its guaranteed extra resource.

PneumaticTrainz

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I guess I'll just have to make do with complicated ic2 factory designs - I don't know enough about modding to actually know exactly what part of TE's decompiled code I have to implement. Oh well.

And what was the blindly obvious part about the configuring? Anyways, I just want the machine to output into ME Import Buses directly.

And ratchet freak, I've never come across that code.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
Well, I guess I'll just have to make do with complicated ic2 factory designs - I don't know enough about modding to actually know exactly what part of TE's decompiled code I have to implement. Oh well.

And what was the blindly obvious part about the configuring? Anyways, I just want the machine to output into ME Import Buses directly.

And ratchet freak, I've never come across that code.

I was looking at an old (deprecated) version of ISided