How to create my own mod

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Pake

Jul 29, 2019
Hi!

I'm sorry if I'm posting at wrong place.
As a developer and Minecraft player I get curious about vreating my own mod.
The problem is that I don't know where to start and haven't found any information about how to start.
I know there are two ways foundations for mods, Bukkit and Forge.

When launching FTB I see messages about ForgeModLoader so I guess that's the foundation for FTB mods.
It don't know if there is some special place in this forum about creating your own mod.
Anyone who can help me in right direction?

Thank you!

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
From what I understand, first, have a good knowledge of Java. Then, I believe Azanor has made a lot of Tutorials on YouTube for making mods.

Apart from that, haven't a clue :D

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
First think of mods as forge mods not FTB mods. FTB is just a launcher. Forge is the real api here. Second you need to know how to code in java. Thats really most important.

http://www.minecraftforge.net/wiki/Basic_Modding

That link is a decent place to start. Pahimar has a series thats not bad as well as many others. Good luck and if you need more help feel free to ask. Most of us arent coders but at least are informed about things.

Pake

Jul 29, 2019
Grydian2: Ok, wasn't sure if it was the real Forge they used for the different mod packs in FTB. That was the first and most important thing to clearify =)
I have been coding in Java before but not so much the last years. Java isn't so hard to get back to if you are used to program in other languages.

Thanks everyone, now i haev some nice reading todo tonight =)

Niels Henriksen

Jul 29, 2019
If you want to start to make your own mod then I think it will be a good idea to look at 1.7 instead 1.6.4 becuse there are big changes in 1.7.

What you can do also is to look at mods on Github and read their code and try to implement the code in your own testmod. Then you can make changes in code and see how its done.