How to create minecraft server on Curse

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
Do you have any antivirus software (or other security software), installed on your machine?

If yes - make sure to add exceptions to java and the folder where you put the server (if you only have the built in antivirus software, you will not need to do this).

If you still have issues, redownload and unzip a new copy of the zip-file and try again.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
@Girfan3198 Galactic Science doesn't include the minecraft or forge jars in the distro. They do include the forge installer that is failing for some reason. I would recomend you download the windows installer from https://files.minecraftforge.net/maven/net/minecraftforge/forge/index_1.7.10.html. Then launch it. Use it to create the server files in a new directory. Then copy those files it creates in the new directory over to your Galactic Science directory. Then try the ServerStart-Windows.bat file again. This time it should recognize the server files have all ben downloaded already and start the server.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
@grandrolf TBH, I didn't even try to launch it until you posted that and it does launch just using their script. @Girfan3198 I would suggest you check your AV and firewall stuff first as @grandrolf suggested. If that doesn't work maybe try what I posted to see if the windows forge installer can download the need jar and resource files.

Reactions: grandrolf
G

Girfan3198

When I check my Firewall (dunno what Av is) What am I looking for/creating an exception for?

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
l (dunno what Av is)
Antivirus. And you add exception/whitelist (naming is different depending on what software it is), for java and the game folder.
This is not needed if you only use the built in one.

G

Girfan3198

Did both of these, still getting the same response did I do something wrong? I'm running Kaspersky as my av

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
If you added the server folder + java to exception/whitelist/trusted application - then do a reinstall (download the zip file fresh and try again)

G

Girfan3198

I'm going to put up a checklist and try everything over again on Monday my girlfriend is coming over so I won't have time this weekend