How to create infinite lava, not for power.

Scalion

Jul 29, 2019
Hi i'm was wondering if there any way to produce infinite lava.
There a block in Twilight Forest mod called Smoking block and Fire Jet and they seem to need lava to be activated, however they consume the lava source each time.
20130204210036.png

So just under the green fire jet block it project fire, the lava was consume, to give you a idea of what i need.

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
It's possible to produce any amount of lava you like for any purpose you like (not necessarily for power production) if you have a bunch of Netherrack, (a) Magma Crucible(s), and (a) Magmatic Engine(s), as the Crucibles produce more Lava than the Engines need to power them.

RampantPanda65

Jul 29, 2019
Also, as the nether pretty much is infinite, just get a pump and go the the nether. Once one pool of lava drains, find another.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
lava is (almost) infinite but not renewable.

so even with a quarry from top to bottom of the nether 64x64 for netherack for the crucibles... one day it will run out and you will have to move it.

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
RP2 pumps when outputting via a grate will place source blocks in the world if I'm reading that you need a source block under it right. So a magma crucible\magmatic engines\a source of netherrack\RP2 fluid tubes and pump to a grate should do what you require, though try it in a test world first I have heard that RP2 fluid tubes can be a little buggy at times. Other than that I'm not sure of any other method to place source blocks though I'd guess a deployer\bucket combo would work.

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
lava is (almost) infinite but not renewable.

so even with a quarry from top to bottom of the nether 64x64 for netherack for the crucibles... one day it will run out and you will have to move it.
The crucible can also melt cobblestone into lava, if you feed it energy (presumably from a renewable source).

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
cobble is renewable, by cobble generator, but the crucible converts it 1:1 (I think) so what you output is to power the magnagtic engine... unless you use another form of power.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
cobble is renewable, by cobble generator, but the crucible converts it 1:1 (I think) so what you output is to power the magnagtic engine... unless you use another form of power.

Yes, and that's why you don't use magmatic engines to power it but a proper power source like a steam boiler for example.

Reactions: Abdiel

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
you could set up 10 Igneous Extruder/Magma Crucible Combinations all feeding to a tank which leads to a liquid transposer filling buckets which is fed into a turtle which places the lava whenever there isn't lava in front of it. It might be complicated but all you need is a large source of MJ to power the magma crucibles (Bluectric Engine is good because it can be powered by windmills which i believe is very efficient). You also won't need to power the turtle with fuel if you put it right next to the chest containing your lava buckets

You will need 10 if you want to have maximum efficiency due to the speed of the magma crucible/igneous extruder not keeping up.

Other than that I'm not sure of any other method to place source blocks though
Turtles can place lava with lava buckets

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
I don't even think of Turtles since I don't have ComputerCraft installed, my coding skill would be rated somewhat south of abysmal and I don't like the idea of just grabbing someone else's code from pastebin, why play the game when you are using someone else's playtime to play it for you.

Milaha

Jul 29, 2019
A bucket in a deployer will do the job just as well as a turtle, so they are a perfectly valid option if you dont want to code anything. That said, CC can be a ton of fun to get into, and this is would be a very good starter project, so figuring out how to do it might be more fun than you expect.

Plus, learning how to use CC is one of the few skills you can pick up in Minecraft that has uses in the outside world.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
You could also use a redpower pump to place the lava blocks. You could probably use one pump to power a good amount of fire jets if you connected them all with a single channel.

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
If I remember right, you can just place a lava source adjacent to the space below it so that the lava flows underneath the fire jet. The fire jet will consume the lava flow block, but leave the source alone to create a new flow.

Edit: Barring that, you can get infinite lava by breeding the demonic branch of bees and then automating them. They'll produce phosphor, which you can put in a squeezer with some cobble or sand to get lava.

Reactions: war_kittens

Scalion

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for all ur advice, i will test some of them, probably next week (omg i have so much to do in my map !)