How to convert RF to EU

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

idjmleader

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know how to do this with the direwolf20 pack?? I played another modpack with engineers tool box to do this but its not on here.
Thanks guys :)

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
MFR Rednet Energy Cables will convert it, but I've not had good luck with them personally. I find it easier to set up basic EU power generation than to worry about how to convert RF. Use steam (as it can be used for both power systems) into a RC Turbine. If you need more power than that puts out, you should be looking at making more stable infrastructure in the IC2 side of things. Or you could just spam Turbines, but that's a lot of iron.

idjmleader

Jul 29, 2019
Figured it out Rednet energy cables work. But now my industrial craft 2 machines do not show what there power percentage is. Does this have something to do with waila?

idjmleader

Jul 29, 2019
MFR Rednet Energy Cables will convert it, but I've not had good luck with them personally. I find it easier to set up basic EU power generation than to worry about how to convert RF. Use steam (as it can be used for both power systems) into a RC Turbine. If you need more power than that puts out, you should be looking at making more stable infrastructure in the IC2 side of things. Or you could just spam Turbines, but that's a lot of iron.
Well I have over 100k of iron :) I been running quarry plus I added the mod lol I just ran a 140x140 took like 13 hours to complete lol

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Well I have over 100k of iron :) I been running quarry plus I added the mod lol I just ran a 140x140 took like 13 hours to complete lol

If you have the resources, an MFR Steam Boiler puts out 400mb/t steam from furnace fuels. The RC Turbine uses 320mb/t last I checked, and produces 200eu/t. Should get you started.

Edit: Note the turbine does require some periodic maintenance.

idjmleader

Jul 29, 2019
If you have the resources, an MFR Steam Boiler puts out 400mb/t steam from furnace fuels. The RC Turbine uses 320mb/t last I checked, and produces 200eu/t. Should get you started.

Edit: Note the turbine does require some periodic maintenance.
I will defiantly look into that thank you! Do you know why my industrial craft machine are not showing what power they are using? They work just no power usage from waila like in 1.6.4

Last edited: