How to convert rf to eu

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsoccerdude288

Jul 29, 2019
i was playing on the dw20 pack and noticed that there is no item powered by rf that allows you to fly. I've decided i want to just make an electric jetpack, however I don't know how to convert my rf to eu

kaiomann

Jul 29, 2019
If you still want to convert RF to EU, I recommend the usual TE Dynamo -> That thing that generates lava from cobble and power (Dang, what's that machine called again?) -> Geothermal Generator -> EU

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
man dw20 needs power converters badly.

Or, rather, IC2 Exp needs better power production. I'm completely boggled why IC2 Exp has no steam consumers and why IC2 nuclear reactors don't output steam. In the real world, almost every form of large-scale power gen involves turning steam into water to drive steam turbines. Even large-scale solar often/sometimes involves. Natural gas turbines are the exception.

In the real world and even in modded MC outside of IC2, steam is the universal power "fluid". IC2 is the odd man out.

As for producing the occassional IC2 power, I have no qualms about throwing up 1 or 2 HV Solars into an MFSU and calling it done. I oftentimes don't want to mess with the mess that is IC2. Crafting for the sake of crafting is not difficult and it's definitely not fun. It's tedious.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
As an expansion to the above comments on using a Magma Crucible and cobble to make lava, this is also possible with MFR's Lava Fabricator which, according to other posts I've seen, is able to make one bucket of lava with 200k RF. Pump this lava straight into a Geothermal Generator and you have RF to EU conversion for your jet pack.

Reactions: MigukNamja

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
As an expansion to the above comments on using a Magma Crucible and cobble to make lava, this is also possible with MFR's Lava Fabricator which, according to other posts I've seen, is able to make one bucket of lava with 200k RF. Pump this lava straight into a Geothermal Generator and you have RF to EU conversion for your jet pack.

That's my current solution, aye. I'm making so much steam and turning that steam into RF power, that I'm not worried about efficiently converting that to lava for EU.

Reactions: Padfoote

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
I just use Universal Cables from UE. Any power to any other power, no strings attatched. It's a power converter without all the complications.

Reactions: midi_sec

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
Or, rather, IC2 Exp needs better power production. I'm completely boggled why IC2 Exp has no steam consumers and why IC2 nuclear reactors don't output steam. In the real world, almost every form of large-scale power gen involves turning steam into water to drive steam turbines. Even large-scale solar often/sometimes involves. Natural gas turbines are the exception.

In the real world and even in modded MC outside of IC2, steam is the universal power "fluid". IC2 is the odd man out.

As for producing the occassional IC2 power, I have no qualms about throwing up 1 or 2 HV Solars into an MFSU and calling it done. I oftentimes don't want to mess with the mess that is IC2. Crafting for the sake of crafting is not difficult and it's definitely not fun. It's tedious.

there used to be an IC2 config setting regarding outputting steam instead of eu in older versions, I don't see it anymore.

makes me sad that they never fleshed that out any more.

TangentialThreat

Jul 29, 2019

Which is more efficient, the lava fabricator or the magma crucible?

And what's the conversion rate between RF and MJ?

Last edited:

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Which is more efficient, the lava fabricator or the magma crucible?

Please note, everything below is based on either things I've seen in comments, videos, or my experience in 1.5. I haven't been able to play enough of 1.6 to verify any of this.

The conversion rate of RF to MJ is 10:1. MJ to EU is 1:2.5. So, 10 RF is the same as 2.5 EU if IIRC.

One bucket of lava in a geothermal generator gives 20k EU. In a magma crucible, using the old 1.5 MJ power costs (I don't know if the 1.6 RF costs are the same multiplied by ten yet, sorry), one bucket of lava from cobble costs 24k MJ, leading to .83 EU per MJ. One bucket from the fabricator costs you 20k MJ (200k RF), which is a 1:1 ratio from MJ to EU, which is 10 RF to 1 EU.

So, if I'm correct with everything above, the lava fabricator is the more efficient way to convert between RF and EU. This is assuming you use cobble and not netherrack in the crucible however. If netherrack is used, the magma crucible will be more efficient.

If anyone notices anything wrong in the above, please correct me. I'm running off of hearsay and old 1.5 information.

ThrillBird

Jul 29, 2019
What I usually do is I take 2 coercion derivers and 1 force capacitor. Then I throw my rf into one of the derivers, which fills the capacitor with the force energy. Then I convert that to eu by connecting a ic2 cable to the second deriver, which is set to convert force to energy. Not too fast unless you use a lot of upgrades, but it does the job of charging pretty well.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Reactions: madnewmy and YX33A

darknighht257

Jul 29, 2019
man dw20 needs power converters badly.
just add the mod to your folder unless your playin on a multiplayer server than i highly agree with u lol XD and btw for rf jetpacks check out simply jetpack they are awesome its an TE3 addon and the jetpacks follow the TE3 teirs like lead than harden than redstone than the ender thingy their sooo awesome really. simple controls too just space bar to fly which i always like let me get link for you guys

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/2548594-164-simply-jetpacks-rf-powered-jetpacks/

^ download it is awesome DO IT NOW GET TO THE CHOOPPORaErrr!

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
just add the mod to your folder unless your playin on a multiplayer server than i highly agree with u lol XD and btw for rf jetpacks check out simply jetpack they are awesome its an TE3 addon and the jetpacks follow the TE3 teirs like lead than harden than redstone than the ender thingy their sooo awesome really. simple controls too just space bar to fly which i always like let me get link for you guys

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/2548594-164-simply-jetpacks-rf-powered-jetpacks/

^ download it is awesome DO IT NOW GET TO THE CHOOPPORaErrr!
image.jpg

*waits for slowkings necro pic*
Awww, how did you know? :p
Do @ThatOneSlowking next time so I see the thread :)

ZeroZiro

Jul 29, 2019
You can very easy convert any type of energy by using RedNet Energy Cable from MFR (MineFactory Reloaded). It is not expensive and it can transfer a decent amount of energy per tick.

Reactions: Kitsune30
Status
Not open for further replies.