How to backup server files

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
S

Scylox

Title How to backup server files

Launcher Type Twitch Desktop App

Modpack Ftb Infinity evolved

Modpack version 1.7.10

Have you modified the pack? No

Link to log file

Details of the issue Hey,

Today I got an issue with my private server, the server files got corrupted. I can't find a solution to how to backup files for a server, only a single player world. If anyone knows how to do the backup please respond!

Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
If you haven't turned it off and if I remember correctly - FTB Utilities should be in that pack and provide the same backup function on server as on single player worlds.

Have you checked the /backups-folder?

S

Scylox

If you haven't turned it off and if I remember correctly - FTB Utilities should be in that pack and provide the same backup function on server as on single player worlds.

Have you checked the /backups-folder?
I do have the backup files. I have been looking around/watching videos and the folder I'm supposed to look for is "saves", which I cant find in my FTB server folder.

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
Before you do anything, make sure to take a manual copy of the whole server folder and put that somewhere else, in case you do something wrong and delete the wrong stuff - then you can go back and try again.

If you check inside the backup file you will see the name of your world folder (default is just world) - and then it might get clear what folder it is that you're supposed to replace (make sure to remove the old one and paste the backup)